What's new

"A Matter Of Life And Death" (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
I saw a listing of this marvelous David Niven-Kim Hunter for 5/25 and have seen nothing since. Can anyone tell me if this film--once available on VHS and long available on DVD in R2--is actually coming to DVD in R1?

Thanks!

Pat H.

Barrie Maxwell

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD release has been delayed in order for Martin Scorsese to complete an audio commentary for it. No new release date set at this time.

Barrie

Ali B

Second Unit
wow, that's an instant purchase for me then. I was on the fence about whether to replace my Uk Carlton copy (which is pretty good IMHO) but the Scorsese commentary has just sold me!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
A-ha! So that's it. Great news. :)

Can't argue with that. Hopefully, we will see it on the shelves in a few months' time.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Didn't the British version have a commentary by Jack Cardiff? Is that being retained for the R1 release?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
It isn't actually a commentary - it is a 10-minute interview with Cardiff. I doubt that it will be included on Columbia's DVD.

Common sense to me would say get Cardiff and Scorsese to record. Perhaps that is the case. For me, Cardiff is one of Britain's greatest living artists.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for this, as the picture quality on the R2 version is pretty bad. I was quite excited about the 'Jack Cardiff commentary' noted on the packaging, but I was crushed when it turned out to be a short interview! The new edition (with added Scorsese goodness) will be an instant buy for me too.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I'd also like to know. How long does it take to record a friggin' commentary track? :frowning:

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Well, Scorsese *has* been a bit busy with his new film THE AVIATOR. It is entirely possible he won't have time to do it until after he finishes the junkets -- maybe late Jan/early Feb at the soonest?

-greg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Somehow I don't think it's as much a priority in Mr. Scorsese's schedule as it is for the posters here. He's doing it as a favor really so he'll get around to it when he gets around to it.

If Columbia released the film without any bells or whistles, I can see the complaints already about Columbia not going the extra mile.

Personally I just want the movie. With all due respect to Mr. Scorsese, I couldn't care less what he thinks about the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks