What's new

A Marriage Made In Heaven: Warner and Paramount Bundled Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
WBShop.com has any number of Paramount titles for $9.95: Disturbia, Benjamin Button, Varsity Blues, Revolutionary Road, Cloverfield, Zodiac, American Beauty....
The aforementioned Breakfast at Tiffany's is currently going for $9.95. Might wanna check it out if you're interested in anything.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If it helps at all, I picked up Gladiator and Braveheart locally over the weekend. The UPC tag says distributed by Warner and they are the exact same discs as Paramount released.

P

Patrick Donahue

If anyone is curious, I just got the Warnerized "Sunset Blvd". Everything is the same except for the Warner sticker over the UPC making it about $5 cheaper than it was :)
ane2asy8.jpg
Sent from my iPad

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
So is this the reason I've seen a bunch of titles listed elsewhere on the net as "re-issues"? I didn't examine them closely to see which studio they were from, but I found it odd that there were so many (including many of recent initial issue).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yep, this would be the reason. There shouldn't be any noticeable difference unless you're into reading the UPC box on the back cover.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
With the current trade in a used DVD for $5 towards the purchase of any blu ray priced $9.99 and up, at Best Buy you could get Scrooged or American Beauty for $5 each.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Garysb said:
From what little we have seen, the double features consist of previously released films, not anything new to blu. Also we know that franchise films such as Star Trek and Indiana Jones are staying with Paramount. I was making what I guess was bad joke with my double feature suggestion. Audrey Hepburn as a nun and a prostitute.
Wasn't lost on me. Maybe other studios will get in on the action...Anne Hathaway... Ella Enchanted/Havoc or Princess Diaries/Love and Other Drugs

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
And more VistaVision please: Three Ring Circus/Hollywood or Bust (Jerry and Dean) The Court Jester/The Five Pennies (Danny) North by Northwest/Houseboat (Cary) Teachers Pet/But Not For Me (Gable) Loving You/King Creole (Elvis) The Black Orchid/It Started in Naples (Sophia)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Keith Cobby
And more VistaVision please:
Three Ring Circus/Hollywood or Bust (Jerry and Dean)
The Court Jester/The Five Pennies (Danny)
North by Northwest/Houseboat (Cary)
Teachers Pet/But Not For Me (Gable)
Loving You/King Creole (Elvis)
The Black Orchid/It Started in Naples (Sophia)
dare to dream I guess

Keith Cobby said:
And more VistaVision please: Three Ring Circus/Hollywood or Bust (Jerry and Dean) The Court Jester/The Five Pennies (Danny) North by Northwest/Houseboat (Cary) Teachers Pet/But Not For Me (Gable) Loving You/King Creole (Elvis) The Black Orchid/It Started in Naples (Sophia)
It appears that King Creole was not shot in Vistavision. It has no VV logo or credit in the titles and these pictures seem to corroborate it. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/310885/vistavision-film-by-film-chat-and-vote/360

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
With the dubious Columbia Pictures/Mill Creek Entertainment "marriage" may I dare hope to finally get a blu-ray BARABBAS, perhaps paired with SALOME. Maybe Warners could also do a SILVER CHALICE/LAND OF THE PHARAOHS combo. In a fantasy world there might also be a HERCULES/HERCULES UNCHAINED double feature in the correct format and from good source materials. Oh well, one can dream!

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Another nice Sophia Loren double would be HELLER IN PINK TIGHTS and A BREATH OF SCANDAL - with new transfers of both.

I thought Sophia Loren already had a nice double. (*)(*) :) Heller In Pink Tights definitely does need a new transfer. The DVD is weak.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
John Hermes said:
I thought Sophia Loren already had a nice double. (*)(*) :) Heller In Pink Tights definitely does need a new transfer. The DVD is weak.
It certainly is; but the Sophia Loren film still outstanding on DVD is That Kind Of Woman directed by Sidney Lumet and co-starring George Sanders and Tab Hunter. Pair that with any of her other Paramount films and I'd be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks