What's new

A Marriage Made In Heaven: Warner and Paramount Bundled Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
It might be nice to see some VistaVision double features, because these are good films with spectacular PQ that aren't that famous today, but make for good watching. I realize the mastering costs for these large format films are somewhat higher, but on the other side the elements are probably in very good shape. These would be mostly Paramount titles. Here are some possible examples:
A Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis double feature:
Artists and Models (HD master already exists)/You're Never Too Young
Bogart double feature:
The Desperate Hours/We're No Angels (HD master exists)
Bob Hope double:
That Certain Feeling/Beau James
Western double feature:
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (HD master exists)/Last Train from Gun Hill
Musical double feature:
St. Louis Blues/Li'l Abner
Jerry Lewis:
The Geisha Boy/Rockabye Baby
Anthony Perkins:
The Tin Star/Fear Strikes Out
etc.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by MLamarre /t/325985/a-marriage-made-in-heaven-warner-and-paramount-bundled-blu-rays#post_4013185
To Catch a Thief / North by Northwest
would be pretty sweet.
If they do that set, they should just do a Warners/Paramount: Hitchcock boxset to sit beside the Universal one. ;)

It's great to see these catalog titles getting re-released like this, I would go in a froth if they re-introuced noir/gangster sets with Warner and Paramount titles! I'm sure there's lots on the Paramount side that never saw release.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Scott D S said:
So who's up for two-pack of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and 2001: A Space Odyssey? :D
Give me a true remaster to both of them and it's sold! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Garysb /t/325985/a-marriage-made-in-heaven-warner-and-paramount-bundled-blu-rays#post_4014010
Audrey Hepburn double feature
Breakfast at Tiffany's / A Nun's Story

As much as I love Breakfast at Tiffany's, I don't want to rebuy it just to get The Nun's Story. Rather get one of Audrey's other Paramount movies: Roman Holiday, Sabrina, War and Peace, Funny Face, even the dire Paris When It Sizzles that isn't already on Region A Blu-ray.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From what little we have seen, the double features consist of previously released films, not anything new to blu. Also we know that franchise films such as Star Trek and Indiana Jones are staying with Paramount. I was making what I guess was bad joke with my double feature suggestion. Audrey Hepburn as a nun and a prostitute.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by Bob Furmanek /t/325985/a-marriage-made-in-heaven-warner-and-paramount-bundled-blu-rays#post_4013498
I would like to see a 3-D Blu-ray double feature of HONDO and CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER.

Count me in if that comes to pass!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Garysb said:
From what little we have seen, the double features consist of previously released films, not anything new to blu. Also we know that franchise films such as Star Trek and Indiana Jones are staying with Paramount. I was making what I guess was bad joke with my double feature suggestion. Audrey Hepburn as a nun and a prostitute.
That is kind of funny. If not The Nun's Story, they could do Breakfast at Tiffany's and Birth of a Nation. ;)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Ethan Riley said:
"Casablanca" and "The African Queen" -- great double, as is "Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" -- any details on whether these include the extras the original dvd releases had? Also is "The Ten Commandments" on one or two discs? Flipper discs?
Have there been any blu-ray flipper dics?? I don't think I have any--
My copy of The Conspirator is a DVD/BD "flipper" disc (was not expecting that when I ordered it online).

mgdvd0

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
stevenHa said:
Boy I wish Warner could make a deal with Universal for their Paramount titles that they're neglecting - I'm waiting for blu rays of For Whom the Bell Tolls, Sabrina, etc....
Warner (and Criterion) Seems to be the ONLY studio that CARES about the Classics -
why not let them do them ALL and get QUALITY on all levels so we dont have to re-master movies 3 times before they are right ( like PATTON)
Warner can do ALL the MAjor Studios and Criterion The European and avantgarde
If they could also improve on the packaging and give us multiple Amaray Blu ray cases instead of fiimsy cardboard sleeves on some multiple disk setsit would be HIGHLY appreciated (are YOU READING THIS WARNER)
Also Condor is coming from Warner January 1st - I hope it has the extras from the Canal DIgital release - or at least some extras - and not just a bare bone re-issue ???? anyone who knows ?

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
mgdvd0 said:
Warner (and Criterion) Seems to be the ONLY studio that CARES about the Classics -
Not true. Fox is also doing a fine job with its classics also too. Just to name a few of their recent releases ( and upcoming ones) : Elia Kazan Collections 1 & 2, Von Ryan's Express, Laura, How Green is My Valley, Fantastic Voyage...

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
Hate to whinge, but for me it's a problem, in that I already have half of each of those double sets, and I hate the idea of buying a copy of one I already have to get one I don't have. I guess I'll wait to see what other pairings arise in the new year.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If there hasn't been a major remaster/upgrade for THE DIRTY DOZEN, then no reissue double-feature is a good bargain with regards to that film -- the existing Blu-ray sucks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by theonemacduff /t/325985/a-marriage-made-in-heaven-warner-and-paramount-bundled-blu-rays/30#post_4016386
Hate to whinge, but for me it's a problem, in that I already have half of each of those double sets, and I hate the idea of buying a copy of one I already have to get one I don't have. I guess I'll wait to see what other pairings arise in the new year.
What do you want the studios to do as each title is still available to buy separately? I don't think any additional work has been done on the titles so you're getting the same transfer with the "double" release as you can with the "lone" release.

Crawdaddy

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The single Paramount films from Warner Bros are starting to become available and the good news is that the list price on films appear to be lower than when the films were released by Paramount. The double features are the real bargain at $19.99 per set list price. Some examples: Breakfast At Tiffany's $14.99 Sunset Blvd $19.99 Scrooged $14.99 These are list prices. Actual price you pay will be less.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That IS good news, Gary. Most retailers that might actually have a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany's sitting on their shelf have it priced at $29.99 or $34.99. That's why those copies continue to sit on their shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks