What's new

Pre-Order A Man For All Seasons (1966) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
251558_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Trying to find a review of the newer Eurika release as the TT version does not look like the film I saw back in 1966 and the 5.1 sound is lacking. Just listen to Robert Shaw scream / screech at Paul Schofield when the King visits More's home.
The sound is terrible. I wonder if the mono track is better on the Eurika disc.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I watched the TT recently, not having seen the film probably since its first release, and found that it held up exceptionally well. Essential purchase.

So pleased to read this comment by you, Jose

It’s uplifting to see that a story about a man unwilling to compromise his integrity and unbending to the fearful forces arrayed against him, not only holds up, but somehow still rings true.

Masterful filmmaking, acting, music, costumes, sets, cinematography and above all, script writing.

On a related note, I watched Hud the other day and was struck by this observation by Hud’s father, Homer Bannon, a role tangibly lived out by Melvyn Douglas:

“Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire.”

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
So pleased to read this comment by you, Jose

It’s uplifting to see that a story about a man unwilling to compromise his integrity and unbending to the fearful forces arrayed against him, not only holds up, but somehow still rings true.

Masterful filmmaking, acting, music, costumes, sets, cinematography and above all, script writing.

On a related note, I watched Hud the other day and was struck by this observation by Hud’s father, Homer Bannon, a role tangibly lived out by Melvyn Douglas:

“Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire.”
Or conversely, the men we loathe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks