What's new

A Love Supreme SACD (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I just felt that after all my anticipation and the musical significance of this album, the SACD deserved its own thread.

As some may remember, this was my most eagerly anticipated SACD, more so than the Stone or CCR.

The wait was worth it (but so painful). The sonic improvement over the redbook is what we have come to expect from SACD: more open, more vibrant... just "more."

They kept the three-track format found on all CDs except the new "deluxe" edition, which uses the much more logical 4 tracks (it is, after all, a four part piece).

Of course, the main gripe is that it isn't a hybrid, but since the redbook deluxe edition, with a bonus disc of wonderful material that any hardcore 'Trane fan would want, is a must-own for me, I don't really care, as I would be owning a seperate redbook of A Love Supreme.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, thanks for the comments. I am still trying to track this one down locally. The two Best Buy stores in my area didn't have it this weekend. I will keep looking. I still need to get the Deluxe Edition CD too. :frowning:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I picked this one up recently but haven't had time to digest it yet. I've only spun through it once or twice but it sounded great. I have been getting quite a few new SACD's recently and will have to make time for this one.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Mike,
Thanks also for the comments. I have had a difficult time finding this one locally unfortunately so mail order may be the way to go.
:)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I got my copy online from Circuit City for $12.99 (during a free shipping period).

This is my first copy of "A Love Supreme", though, so I cannot offer any comparisions vs. previous or current CD releases. However, I thought the SACD sounded wonderful for a 38 year old recording.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I should have ordered it from circuitcity.com while they were offering free shipping, but I didn't. :frowning: I still hope to find it and the Elv1s DVD-Audio disc tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks