What's new

A Lot Like Love - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, this film was a cute, albeit dull, look at a pair of people who find their way back towards one another in sporadic hookups over the course of 7 years after a chance encounter on an airplane flight from Los Angeles to New York City, and it was a bumpy ride to start off such a relationship that was plagued by both time and distance, indeed.

Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet have good chemistry, but the material never gave them really interesting personalities, and that made them seem a bit on the boring side, add in a dash of neuroses for good effect. Thus, in the end, it's the story of 2-dimensional characters whose intermittent flirtations and meetings that undermines an emotional payoff in the end.

I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C. (Might be a decent rental when it comes out on DVD)

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Was drug to it last night by the wife. Wasn't as bad as I thought I was. Though I do think Amanda Peet would make a great Lois Lane.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I generally dislike "romcoms", but I quite enjoyed this because of Ashton and Amanda's chemistry. Of course, it's predictable, and the characters often act extremely immaturely; however, it made me hope things worked out for them.

Jane

Auditioning
i think ill see it just cuz it looks like a quick laugh movie...maybe not in theaters tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks