What's new

A Long long long shot question for Phish Fans.... (1 Viewer)

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,
OK, I know this one is a long, long, long shot, but you guys are great in your musical knowledge.
A friend of mine is trying to track down a "mainstream Phish" song. My guess by mainstream he means something "commercially played on the radio". He thinks it may be a "couple of years old" I've gotta admit I don't know any Phish songs. Of course he offers no helps on lyrics or such. Are they played on "commercial radio stations" or even AOR stations?? Any know any Phish tunes that are in rotation on the radio?? Even a bunch of song titles may help.
Many thanks in advance....
Greg

Van Patton

Second Unit
It is probably "Bouncing Around The Room". That and "Back on the Train" are the two most played songs of theirs on the radio.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Try these:
Fee
Bouncing Round The Room
Down With Disease (got quite a bit of airplay back when Hoist was released, me thinks, back in '95).
Also, some of the songs off the newest studio album, Farmhouse, have gotten airplay, but that might be only on the stations I listen to.
So check out Heavy Things, Back on the Train, and Gotta Jibboo off that album.

ChrisP

Agent
While Fee is a good song, i suspect Greg Y. meant Free, which was issued as a single.
Songs that got pushes as singles off of Phish albums are
Down with Disease (off Hoist)
Bouncing around the Room (off A Live One)
Free (off Billy Breathes)
Birds of a Feather (off Story of the Ghost)
Farmhouse and Get Back on the Train (both off Farmhouse)
contact me in email if you want more about the band. I've got all their albums and hundreds of hours of their concerts on cd-r (they allow recording)
------------------
Chris.jpg
sig.jpg

[Edited last by ChrisP on November 07, 2001 at 07:56 PM]
[Edited last by ChrisP on November 07, 2001 at 07:58 PM]

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guys,
You guys are great!! Sent my buddy the list of songs and after some sampling off CD NOW it was determined that "Heavy Things" is the song he was interested in (Thanks Greg Y. !!) . I just did a quick download of the song and I definitely recognize it as well. Guess I know a Phish tune after all :)!
Thanks to all for the suggestions!
Greg

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes -
"Vanessa calls me on the phone, reminding me I'm not alone..
I fuss and quake and cavitate - I try to speak and turn to stone." (c)Phish
For some reason, Wolfman's Brother is really popular on the radio around here. A local station plays it almost every day it seems. However in college, all of their stuff was played frequently on the college station there. :)
------------------
B00005LC4P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305499128.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
0792846427.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305165912.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00003CXRM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!
[Edited last by John Thomas on November 08, 2001 at 03:42 AM]

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
While Fee is a good song, i suspect Greg Y. meant Free, which was issued as a single.
Actually, I did mean Fee, but you're right, Free would make more sense on that list.
biggrin.gif
I threw out Fee because it was the first song that alot of people heard from them, when they first released albums, but I guess it didn't get very much airplay.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
"When I tried to step aside, I moved to where they'd hoped I be."
Sometimes this is the story of my life.
rolleyes.gif

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Fee was their first one that got them any significant air time. Funny, it's one of the few I don't actually look forward to hearing. I'm a man who loves noodling, however, as my 1-200+ hours would show... :)
Good to see that there are others out there who enjoy the flow. Chris P if you are looking for any trading, let me know. If anyone else is interested in hearing some shows and checking out what PHiSH is capable of, let me know and I'll gladly get a show or two out to you.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Heck yeah, man - I'd appreciate some shows/studio tunes/whatever. I love listening to them going off for 20+ minutes
wink.gif

------------------
Spoiler:One Thousand Words
My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
I'd definitely be interested in obtaining a "must have" show or some tunes. I've never "listened" to them, so please feel free to try and convert me!
Greg

ChrisP

Agent
Tell ya what.
Email me at chris at paton dot net with a list of your top 5 favorite bands or albums along with your mailing address, and i'll pick a good show and send you some phishy goodness, on me.
I'll do this for say... 5ish people.
------------------
Chris.jpg
sig.jpg

Dave George

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
I'd love to take you up on that (very generous) offer if you haven't reached 5 people yet... I'll send an email.
Dave

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be glad to try to match that offer too... :) Feel free to drop me a line at tylersolsen @ yahoo.com again with musical interests. They have changed so much, just in the last 10 years before the hiatus. All of it is good stuff too, but there is spacy, and tight. Sometimes both. I just ordered a new burner today so it may be a while before they get out, but they will eventually make it there...
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks