A little Universal success story...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Qualen, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Michael Qualen

Michael Qualen Stunt Coordinator

Hi everyone...

I just wanted to tell this little thing to give Universal some credit...god knows they need it !

I have been collection DVD´s since late 1997/early 1998, and have got close to 600 of these wonderful thing at the moment. But a while ago I wanted to watch one of my early Universal discs, Dragonheart Collectors Edition, but it wouldn´t play...So I decided to check all my Universal discs, and I found 3 that wouldn´t play. Im sure some of U have had this problem as well, and have used Universals online "report a problem"-thingy, and I decided to try this as well, so I wrote them an email. And to my surprise I got a email back with an address where I could mail my defective discs, and someone would take a look at them. I didn´t really think that anything would happen, but I send them anyway...all the way from Denmark ! And wouldn´t U know it...today a nice UPS guy brought me brand new DVD´s from Universal with a nice (standard though) letter saying that my discs were checked and how much they appreciated my business...all that stuff...now thats great service !

Did anyone else get replacement DVD´s from Universal apart from the BTTF discs ? It is common to get replacements in the US like this, or did I just get lucky ?

Anyway, just wanted to mention this...4 or 5 year old discs, bought in Denmark...no reciept...replaced no questions asked...I just think its great service...

2. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

See, no one is ever completely evil [​IMG] It's good to hear about great customer service from them, after so many other problems.