A Little Romance - Pre-order availability limited?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Shanks, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    I can't believe A Little Romance is only two weeks away and its not available for pre-order at DeepDiscountDVD or Amazon. Anyone else have this on order? If so, where and how much $$? Thanks.

Glad to see Ron is doing a review on this disc. Thank you.

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I've had this title on pre-order with DVD Empire for some time.

3. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

dvdplanet also has it avail for pre-order, but it's really odd not to see jacket art for it on Digital Bits, nor pre-order info on Amazon or DDD.

hopefully, if Ron has a date specified for posting the review this means he actually has the disc in hand.

dvdplanet has it for under $14- no listing of the exact features though. it should be 2.35 anamorphic though at least.

i'm kinda of nervous about this one since they never went thru with the announced widescreen laserdisc release.
    i've been waiting over 10 years to own this on a decent oprtical format in its OAR.

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

5. Martin Jeeves

Martin Jeeves Supporting Actor

Here we go! Here is the extras and the details should be appearing on ALL the big DVD retail sites over the next week. Have a great Christmas!

A LITTLE ROMANCE – Diane Lane (Unfaithful, A Walk on the Moon, The Cotton Club, The Perfect Storm) makes her
    movie debut as a lonely, gifted teen on a whirlwind romantic adventure set in Europe. Also starring Sir Laurence Olivier
    (Hamlet, Wuthering Heights, Clash of the Titans, The Marathon Man), A LITTLE ROMANCE explores the innocent joy in
    finding a soul mate and the excitement created by forbidden love. Directed by George Roy Hill (The Sting, Butch Cassidy
    and the Sundance Kid), the film received an Academy Award® for Best Original Score for George Delerue’s enchanting
    music.

CAST:
    Diane Lane, Laurence Olivier, Arthur Hill, Thelonious Bernard, Sally Kellerman

DIRECTOR:
    George Roy Hill

DVD special features include:

A Conversation with Diane Lane documentary
    Retro artwork gallery featuring stills of release posters
    Production notes
    Theatrical trailer
    Cast and crew
    and more...

In addition, the DVD will be offered for the first-time in a fully remastered widescreen format [16x9 2.35:1]. It will also include
    English and French (dubbed in Quebec) languages and subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

Release date: January 7th, 2003.

6. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    Thanks for the info Martin.

7. Martin Jeeves

8. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    It's January 2 and still not available at DeepDiscountDVD, Barnes and Noble, Amazon or Best Buy.com. What is up with this? I realize this is not a major release, but I can't believe it's so hard to find a place to preorder it besides DVD Empire or DVD Planet.

9. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

I'm also not finding a listing for it at dvdpricesearch.com

10. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

Oops. Check that. It's back there now.

11. Martin Jeeves

I've fired off an email to Warner to see if there is anything they can do.

12. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    Any updates as to whether or not this title shipped by the release date? At first DVD Planet showed it "In Stock". Now it is "Out of Stock".

13. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

Okay, I've only been waiting for this title since forever. No one lists it as being in stock. Anyone have any clue as to what's going on with this dvd?

14. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

wish i knew, Fred.
    i had hoped to pre-order this weeks ago because i knew i wouldn't be able to find it today.
    went to CC, BB, Borders, Media Play...even FYE (ugh) anyway- and of course, not a one on the shelf.
    Surprisingly, when i talked to the person at Borders who looked it up, they never mentioned anything about it being due in today. they only offered to special order it.
    WTF?
    still not showing up on DDD.

very disappointed as this is the first big title i've been looking forward to this year.
    obviously the disc exists, since DVDauthority has also reviewed it.

looks like i'll be waiting a few more weeks at least.
    arrgghh

15. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

Call me crazy, but this all sounds familiar. Seems to me I remember the same disappearing act happening with the LD release about 5 or 6 years ago.

16. Martin Jeeves

DVDPlanet.com and DVDEmpire.com show as having it in stock and mine was shipped today. The disc does exist.

I've sent an email to WarnerBros explaining to them that very few stores and websites have it listed. I also asked them to boost their publicity for the title. I've had no reply so far.

Thanks and good luck!

17. Martin Jeeves

18. ChrisKe

ChrisKe Stunt Coordinator

Amazon have it up - there are two entries under DVD when you do a search - the one without the actors names is the one to click on.

19. FredCampbell

FredCampbell Agent

Has anyone pre-ordered, or even ordered this title and received it or at least received a shipping confirmation? I ordered it from dvdplant.com because they were one of two sites listing it as "In Stock". Now they list it as "Out of Stock", as does dvdempire.com, and there is no evidence of my order having shipped. Does anyone have any news on this title?

20. Martin Jeeves

Same here! It seems that the disc is being held-up for some reason (maybe because of the sites not listing it, may be Warner's are holding it back until they do?).

In other words - I have no idea...

I'm gonna get my Diane Lane fix with "Unfaithful" this weekend instead. It's so funny to see her in such a great (and sexy) role a full 23 years after her debut as a sweet young girl in "A Little Romance".

I hope she gets the Oscar and Golden Globe's now she's been nominated. I'd love to see her win a BIG award for her work and career.

If anyone receives their copy of "...Romance" please let us know here. Thanks.