A little red and green on my new Sony. Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dre Witt, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Dre Witt

Dre Witt Extra

Apr 16, 2000
    I received my Kp43ht20 last week and have noticed a little red and green around hard lines and movement in the far right 3/4 inch of the screen from top to bottom. The rest of the picture is awesome. Is this an easily fixable convergence problem, or something more severe? I have a Sony tech coming out Monday but wonder if I should send the set back for a replacement. Like I said it's minor, but noticeable (My roomate noticed right away while just watching the Laker game.) I'd hate to send something back which can be fixed quickly and end up getting a bum set in exchange. Also, What should I look for when the Sony tech works on it? Any comments and help would be appreciated. My first RPTV.
  2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Apr 15, 1999

If the tech can't fix it by manually converging the set, exchange it. Sony quality control is generally pretty good, so chances of getting a bum set as a replacement aren't very high.

If the tech does manage to fix it by converging the set, make sure he saves the new settings to flash focus memory.