A little plug for the good people at Parasound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by James W. Johnson, Aug 25, 2004.

1. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

I bought a B Stock Parasound HCA-1500A from Audio Authority back in May , it looked at worked like new
    so I am not sure what a designates a B stock.

Anyhow a few weeks ago I was moving some stuff around and shorted out the plug when I bumped the cheater plug, "BANG!" then electronics smell ... I was pretty mad at myself for being so careless. :b

I contacted Parasound via Email and got a response in 12 hours. Even though the amp still worked the tech suggested I send it in to be checked out.
    I called , got an RMA , sent it in and got the amp back in under 7 days.
    They repaired a blown capacitor in the ground circuit and checked over the amp. They fixed it , checked it out and shipped it back to me at no charge.
    They could have easily charged me since it was my error but they did not.

The entire process was very smooth , fast emails, fast and friendly phone help when you call them.

I'll be sticking with Parasound for my amplifer needs for some time...now if theyd just make some more goodies for the regular Parasound line. I'd like to see some DACs, SACD players, CD players, another HT pre-pro and more!

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Rumor from my dealer is that they are working on new products for the Classic line. I know they just came out with a more powerful Zamp amp too.

Supposedly with price tags less than the Halo line. (Which I feel they really dropped the ball on).

3. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

That's great service James. That is one of the advantages of buying from a reputable company . Good luck getting service like that from someone on ebay.

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

James- That's good news.

A long time ago I looked at Parasound, and I passed because of bad marks on Audioreview for their customer service regarding repairs. (It was the 2205A and the 1500A.)

It's good that they've improved. [​IMG]

5. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

I have owned there equipment for yrs they stand behind everything they sell great guaranties and fast service
    still using the 2500a with 1205a amp and I am satisfied with the proformance of both! pushing b&w cdm 9's front rear and center and velo fsx12 sub.

6. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Your lucky it was just the equipment that was smoking. If you didn't have the cheater plug to lift the ground it probably wouldn't have happened.

Kevin