What's new

A little note of Pulp Fiction trivia (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The NY Times magazine from this past weekend was basically a movies issue. One of the articles was a conversation between Quentin Tarantino and Brian Helgeland about screenwriting. Being the Pulp Fiction freak that I am, I immediately noticed the significance (well, not very significant, but it's in the movie) of this personal note from Tarantino:

My crush on Tatum O'Neal was so strong that actually you could almost consider it your first love. So in the sixth grade I started writing an ABC ''Afterschool Special'' about me meeting Tatum O'Neal. I called her Somerset in the script, and I did what I could never do in real life. I finagled a way, through conniving and lying, to meet Somerset O'Neal. And she was charmed by me. I never got that far in the script. I wrote the first 20 pages and then abandoned it.
This isn't a very challenging trivia question if you've seen the movie as many times as I have (more than a dozen times), but what's the reference here?

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Isn't Somerset O'Neil one of the Fox Force Five. I can't remember which one. Was it Uma's character?

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
You got it halfway right, StephenT (well, more than that, really). Somerset O'Neal was indeed one of the Fox Force Five, although she was the leader: "the blond one," according to Uma's character, Mia Wallace. Tatum O'Neal is of course a blond as well. Mia's character in Fox Force Five was "Raven McCoy."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks