a little help

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JuanNarvaez, Mar 12, 2004.

1. JuanNarvaez

JuanNarvaez Agent

Hey guys, this is my first time here and I need help. I am going to start building my new house and I have reserved a TV room about 15 by 16 and I want to add a home theater to it. I have a receiver, a Kenwood VR-6070 THX certified. I already have some speakers in mind, I was thinking about the JBL Northridge series but the problem is the screen. I don't know if I should get a big screen TV or a projector. Pretty much what I use is Satellite, cable and DVD player. I need recommendation on this so please a little help.

2. Robert*S

Robert*S Stunt Coordinator

The JBL Northridge series is a good choice. I am running a 7.1 system with JBL N24's all around. [​IMG]

When you say big screen tv, what size are you talking about? Personally, if my room would let me I would go with a projector. I have a 48 inch rptv that works great in my HT but like they say "the bigger the better" and a projector would give you a very BIG screen!
    Take a look in the display forum, there should be plenty of information about both rptv's and projectors to get you started.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Welcome to HTF, Juan.

Since you're focused on the display aspect of your home theater-in-the-making, I've moved your thread to the area where you will receive the most help. The Basics area is just for general discussion at the beginner level, rather than seeking specific make/model recommendations.

Best of luck.