I thought some of your might enjoy the saga of last night's death and rebirth of my new RPTV. It's been 6 days since the delivery of my new Sony 65WS550. The TV is sitting in the family room, I'm sitting in the living room, and I hear "Mom, Benjamin is spraying cleaner on the TV and scrubbing it with a brush!" I sprint out to find half of the screen saturated with Glass Plus, and my 20-month-old son standing there with a spray bottle in one hand and the nastiest stiff-bristle cleaning brush I've ever seen in the other hand. I entered panic mode and, as one would rush for a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, I shot off down the hallway to grab some emergency Soft, Lint-Free Cloth. I carefully removed the glass cleaner from the screen with one cloth, cleaned with distilled water with another, and dried it with a third. Apparently he never got the brush on the screen, as I couldn't see any scratches. The screen looked fine and I breathed a sigh of relief. Little did I know... About 5 minutes later I notice a foggy area at the bottom center of the screen. It looks like etched glass - essentially opaque. Over the course of 15 minutes or so that area grows to about 2" x 2" and is accompanied by a 2-foot wide by 8" tall "smile" shape. I then realize that glass cleaner has pooled under the screen and is being wicked up into the fresnel lens. My heart sinks. My head starts to throb. I imagine my son throwing handfuls of cash into a roaring fire. My family eats dinner, I'm not hungry. About 2 hours later the foggy area has gone away, but as the smile dries, it is leaving behind some sort of film that is obviously going to be permanent. It's time to make a decision. Do I A) Call a service shop and have them replace the lens for who know how many hundred $$$ or B) Take this monster apart and see if there's anything I can do about it. I figured I probably couldn't make things any worse, so I went with B. After about 2 hours of scouring message boards, I finally find instructions for the disassembly of a similar model. Some 60 or so screws later, I've got a 65" bezel and screen stack lying on a sleeping bag on the family room floor. I carefully flip the fresnel lens off of the other screen components and realize that the smile is no longer visible. Thanks to the optical quirks of the fresnel lens, the smile is only visible while the lens is stacked with the other screen components. After about an hour of careful work with distilled water and alcohol, I had succeeded in creating large smears where the smile used to be. I was not encouraged. I was certain that I had caused physical damage to the delicate fresnel lens, but with my wife's encouragement, I made one more, very careful attempt to use distilled water and managed to improve the smears. After about another 45 minutes of carefull cleaning with distilled water and soft cloths, I made the smears almost disappear. With the screen as good as I could get it, and not wanting to press my luck any further, I carefully reassembled the screen and TV. (so many screws!) I turned it on and... It worked! There was no sign of the smile or the smears that were once visible on the fresnel lens. Success!