A Letter To Bose

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Louisp, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    deleted by writer

2. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Ask em for technical specifications on their bass module and satellite speakers.

Not likely [​IMG]

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

No, this letter won't get ignored.

All you've gone is give them an address to send fliers to!

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

good luck with that one...

5. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

ill sum up the respose bose will give:

-Sincerely, Bose.

6. ken nomimashita

yes, bose will not care at all.

7. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

I am not one for predictions. But I will on this one. I always try to put myself on the "other guy's shoes" to try to analyze how somebody will react.

Having said that; Bose will no even bother to acknowledge this thread. They have much more to loose than to gain (Most Bose home-theater buyers ae not technical and don't even visit this or any other forums.)

No matter what they would answer it would not satisfy the anti-Bose crowd. And let me clarify that I am not a "Bose Hater or Lover".

But this thread was a good thought and would have probably worked with just about any other manufacturer.

8. ChrisBee

ChrisBee Stunt Coordinator

Nice try. But is there really room for more than one Ralph Nader in this world? [​IMG]

I think you are confusing the small number of AV enthusiasts who visit AV fora with the vast majority of enthusiasts who don't.

Bose can safely ignore a few thousand(?) forum members worldwide and still sell enough product to non-forum members. Without receiving the slightest dent in the Bose company facade or their advertising paintwork.

Nor will ignoring the entire global AV forum network affect their bottom line one iota.

One day perhaps all AV enthusiasts will be online and in touch. Until then, like it or not, the entire world's forum's effect on public buying opinion is quite simply undetectable.

Unless you are talking about SVS. Now we could really make their lives hell! [​IMG]

ChrisBee

9. john aprile

john aprile Agent

Bose will pass it on to their legal dept...[​IMG] [​IMG] looking for the loophole to sue you [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Lol. Yeah I bet they will just totally ignore you or send you a link to a FAQ page. They sell there systems to ignorant people and poeple who are tone deaf and wont even use "surround sound"! They just care how they look.

11. Ryan Frederick

They *may* take your request more seriously if you correct the grammatical errors before you send it to them.

12. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

From a business standpoint, Bose gets a round of applause from me. Their marketing/advertising/whatever else is *phenomenal*. The average consumer wandering around big box stores is convinced that Bose is the holy grail of HiFi.

Take the case of one gentleman I encountered at a local Future Shop a few months ago. I was looking, nay oggling, at the new H/K receivers, turning it around to look at the back panel, etc. He started talking to me, and of course, I don't mind engaging in conversaion with other interested people. His ideal of the perfect theatre though was the top of the line H/K AVR with I believe the AM15 Bose cube setup. That would have run him about $4000CND before taxes. Oh man, what he could have done with that money and got *GOOD* sound.

But you see, Bose stuff is sold at most major shops where the average consumer shops. The fact that the markup on the speakers is phenomenal works well for the company that sells them, and in exchange, Bose gets another "brainwashing venue", if I can dare call it that.

I'll be very surprised if that e-mail gets a reply. Bose sees the bigger picture, and has their resources allocated to advancing their brainwashing techniques, not answering emails. That's probably done by an auto-reply bot that sends you a link to their FAQ.

13. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

So you want a company representative to somehow tell you how their particular setup is better than this vague one that you constructed? You don't want literature, nor locations of stores that feature their products, and you want them to justify the costs to you by expending the efforts of an individual who can obviously see that you've no interest whatsoever in their product. Now really, that is a bit much. Just what sort of reply would you expect if you were to direct that to Ford, or Paradigm, Rotel, Toshiba, etc.? If you get one from Bose, I'd imagine it would be much like the aforementioned companies would give you. Try emailing a few other speaker companies to see what sort of replies you get and while you're at it, turn the spell and grammer checkers on.

14. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

doublspeak [​IMG]

15. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

grammar [​IMG]

16. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Well, gentlemen, seeing as how the original post has been edited out by the thread's originator, I don't see the point of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.