Todd Erwin

Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Penny Marshall’s A League of Their Own, an ode to the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League that existed between 1943 thru 1954, makes its 4K debut in Sony’s six-movie Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection boxed set.

A League of Their Own (1992)

Released: 01 Jul 1992
Rated: PG
Runtime: 128 min

Director: Penny Marshall
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Family

Cast: Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Lori Petty, Madonna
Writer(s): Kim Wilson (story), Kelly Candaele (story), Lowell Ganz (screenplay), Babaloo Mandel (screenplay)

Plot: Two sisters join the first female professional baseball league and struggle to help it succeed amidst their own growing rivalry.

IMDB rating: 7.2
MetaScore: 67

Disc Information

Studio: Sony...
Continue reading...

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Thank you for the review, Todd. Alas I am still waiting for my true holy grail release for this film: an expanded album of Hans Zimmer's wonderful score. I'm sure he sounds great in Dolby Atmos here along with the rest of the track.

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
Just so y'all know, if you like the Madonna song "This Used to Be My Playground" then you can thank Barbra Streisand. Madonna's inspiration to write the song was the Frank Sinatra song "There Used to Be A Ballpark" which in turn had been inspired by something Barbra had told the songwriter. That makes TWO HIT SONGS that were written because of Dame Barbra (actually three counting Aerosmith's Oscar-nominated "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" from Armageddon).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123