What's new

A large dvd collection isn't just for watching anymore. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I found out something about my dvd collection tonight, you can use them to pump iron, er, disc! ;)

I've been slowly starting to do some weight lifting while i'm lounging watching tv just to strengthen my arms a little more with a set of small weights that my friend lent to me, but then he took them back so I was left with nothing for now.

So i'm sitting there, and I look over at my dvd's which I keep stored in two large album cases that holds 276 each and they are both filled and weigh a good 20 or so lbs each. So I grab them and start lifting and i'll be damned if I didn't feel the burn after about 20 to 25 minutes of this!

Now, I realize that 20lbs isn't too heavy, but it's enough to get a little burn going until I get a real set of small weights of my own.

Ahh, good ol' dvd's, they not only give me great audio and video but thanks to a little creativity in a pinch, they can also pump (clap)...me up! :D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Bah, that's nothing- try moving 1000 or so CED videodiscs from one place to another- THOSE suckers are HEAVY! :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought you were going to say you put all your discs on a bar and used them like dumbbells. With all the AOL discs I get a year this might be a practical use for them.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

You still get AOL CDs? I can't remember when I last received one in the mail. I see them in the Observer and at Blockbuster, though.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Give me your address and I'll share the love :) EDIT: I just realized that sounds really inappropriate :b

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh no! Why am I picturing John at Best Buy (in sweat pants) and asking the other customers: "Spot Me!" as he grabs one end of the DVD isle case. :D

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
My large DVD collection has take on a new function as well!

I can just set my 3 mos old baby girl in front of my DVD shelves and she'll stare at them very intently for a long time. It's all the different colors. . .lots to look at!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey Leila that's just like me, I can sit and stare at all the pretty colours for hours:)

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks