What's new

A Knight's Tale and Anaconda Superbits 8/27 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
No box art yet, but it appears as if the two are just standard Superbits instead of two-disc Deluxe editions.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Anaconda. HAHAHA. That one will sell. Columbia seriously needs someone else in charge of picking Superbit titles.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, spend $14.99 for A Knight's Tale CE with reference video and near-ref audio and loads of extras, or $24.99 for practically the same audio/visual presentationa and no extras?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
A Knight's Tale is already a excellent DVD with top notch everything. One superbit i wont buy. I have bought Air Force One, Fifth Element and The Big Hit but they all were better then the originals in one way or another. But A Knights tale is already perfect

capt

Jonathan_

Second Unit
You can laugh, but I will be picking up the Anaconda Superbit. It's one of my guilty pleasure movies, so why not have it in the best possible picture and sound? :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It's clear that the quality of movie is really of no consideration for Columbia selecting Superbit titles. It just happens to be that many of these poor to fair movies have great transfers and making them Superbit means they become reference quality and Columbia can say, "See...look how great our Superbit line looks...these are incredible transfers!"
On any rate, I hope the rumor is true that a Black Hawk Down Superbit is coming next year. Based on the great reviews I have heard about the bare-bones release coming next week, a Superbit version would be wicked. :D

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I'd buy an Anaconda superbit version. It's also one of my guilty pleasures! I just hope that extra resolution doesn't make the snake look even more fake :)
Marc.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I was very reluctant when I bought the current version of Knight's Tale knowing that just maybe there would be another version released with a DTS track on it. And so sure enough, the Superbit version is coming in two months :angry: !!
The DTS track is enough for me to upgrade. However, that DD track is sure awesome!
REGARDS,
TROY

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I really like Superbit and always hope a title I like will be released. However the last 2 titles and now these 2 bite the big one. I hope they do a Superbit Black Hawk Down also rather than an SE.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Wow, A Knight's Tale and Anaconda.
With the exception of 2 titles, the Superbit series looks like a collection of Razzie Award winners.
Way to go Columbia/Tri-Star. :rolleyes

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Sony's hit an all time low with their Superbit collection. Spotty at best, now simply slumming it.

What are they smoking over there anyway??

Dan

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Apparently they're using the good old "monkey picks the titles from a Columbia Catalogue" for their selections.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Anaconda: Superbit? Wow! Now that makes me :laugh:
Actually, it's rather disturbing. How in the heck are they choosing Superbit titles??? I have no doubt that there are a couple (2 or 3) people who like this movie, but I think it's the worst movie I ever saw in the theater. And if I would have paid to get in, I'd have been pissed! ;)
I can't believe I have to wait on a decent version of Scarface...and these 2 people who liked Anaconda are getting a Superbit version. :angry:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, my line about the snake looking even more fake has already been taken. :frowning:;)
I picked up Dracula and would consider CTHD or Air Force One, but I am happy enough with the current versions of those that I have. I would always want extras with CTHD, but if I hadn't owned AFO I would have picked it up.
But yes, for the most part I wonder if they are testing to see if "Superbit" can make a non-seller into a moderate seller, just to prove that people want Superbit titles.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I will be picking up both releases.
Anaconda is not a great movie but fun to watch and the new DTS track gives me enough reason to buy.
The same goes for A Knight's Tale.
I realy hope that they decide to release superbit-dvd of these favourite movies of mine :D
Starship Troopers
Black Hawk Down
Cliffhanger
Also I hope that we will be seeing Superbit Deluxe releases of Men In black 2 en Spider-man soon.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Personally, I'm waiting for deluxe editions of Ishtar and Heaven's Gate... I mean, if we're doing bad movies, let's do seriously bad movies! Like say... Jean Claude Van Damme's STREET FIGHTER.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping for a SE release of Anaconda with lots of extras.Guess I will just stick to the bare bones release at the moment. Superbit stuff isn't really my genre.
Perhaps I might look into A Knight's Tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks