What's new

A Joss question for Jeff Kleist.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This was posted at another board. I figure if anyone has a possible answer. It would be you.

Joss Whedon reportedly cancelled his appearance at “The End of Days” Angel convention in Blackpool, England because one of his shows had been “relit.”

People were all trying to figure out what show it was. Some were thinking is was Firefly others think it is the Eliza Dukshu vampire slayer show.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Joss has publically stated that the time to look to continue Firefly on screen is done, at least for the moment. He's looking at comics now.

Eliza didn't seem that hot on the idea of Faith: The Vampire Slayer, my personaly guess would be is that it has more to do with the fact he just lost Tim Minear to a new Fox program, and he needs to restructure the hierarchy, since more than likely Angel was renewed (it was on the bubble, but signs have been very good)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, Fox might also have passed on True Calling (Eliza Dushku's pilot). I imagine if that happened, UPN would likely start begging for everybody involved to at least consider a Faith-based show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If they bring back the Faith from her recent stint on Angel, I'd be okay with it. If it's the Faith from her stint on Buffy, I'd be less enthused about it.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I strongly doubt that Joss would cast aside any character growth on Angel in favor of presenting Faith as she was on Buffy. That wouldn't fall in line with his ideals of continuity. That said, I'm still waiting on Buffy season 4 to watch my Angel Season 1, so I'm hardly an authority on the matter.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think what they're referring to is how they've been presented this season. Faith on Angel was a pretty interesting character, afraid of her own power and always consciously reigning herself in. Faith on Buffy this year has been little more than bad-girl clichés.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
The offices of Mutant Enemy, several months ago. In a conference room, the Angel writers are having a meeting....

AngelWriter 1: Okay guys, we've got Faith for a few episodes. Let's hear ideas. What do we know about her?

AngelWriter 2: Well, she's had time to do some soul-searching.

AngelWriter 3: She's anxious to still prove she's got it, but hesitant to make the same mistakes.

AngelWriter 1: Good, good. And she's grateful to Angel for helping her out. What about her notoriously slutty nature? How do we want to play that?

AngelWriter 2: I think she'd be cautious, and anyway, she'd be more focused on the task at hand. A little light flirting for a couple of gags, but nothing hot & heavy.

AngelWriter 3: Right. She'd have matured a little bit over the years in prison.

Meanwhile, across the hall....

BuffyWriter 1: Okay guys, we've got Faith for a few episodes. Let's hear ideas. What do we know about her?

BuffyWriter 2: She's REALLY HORNY!

BuffyWriter 3: YEAH! She wants S-E-X!

(giggling around the room)

BuffyWriter 1: Right on! Who's not getting any in our special S-E-X episode?

BuffyWriter 3: Giles, Andrew, and Wood.

BuffyWriter 1: We haven't decided yet if Giles is evil, and Andrew's too ugly. Wood it is.

BuffyWriter 2: Wait! How about some hot GIRL-ON-GIRL ACTION?!!

BuffyWriter 3: We've already got that with Willow and Kennedy.

BuffyWriter 2: Oh yeah... man, this show rules!!

BuffyWriter 1: What else about Faith can we use?

BuffyWriter 3: She loves to party!!

BuffyWriter 2: And she's a killer! She's BAD! She talks tough!

BuffyWriter 3: And she's not as smart as Buffy!

BuffyWriter 1: Well, NO ONE is as smart as Buffy.

(enthusiastic agreement around the room)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks