A John Carpenter 'shared universe'

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
Not not all of his films existing in the same reality but maybe two or three of them?

Imagine Jack Crow meeting Snake Plisskin somewhere between NY & LA timelines battling vampires who wanna kill the president only to find out the president is actually an alien in disguise. Now they can't exactly team UP with the vampires but they discover they now have a mutual enemy but need someone who knows a thing or two about the situation.

Enter John Nada, who survived the roof shoot out in "They Live" and continued fighting the elite when their "disguise" was only revealed to a small percentage of Los Angeles and they used the media to help cover up the "alien hoax."

Crow, Plisskin and Nada must team together to fight against the alien overloards while driving stakes through the hearts of the undead who get in their way.

In an ideal world James Woods, Kurt Russell and Roddy Piper star (a pipe dream now sadly) with Carpenter directing with a decent sized budget.

Thoughts?

Reactions: SAhmed

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
I never really considered this before but as a huge John Carpenter fan, I love this idea. I guess I'd like to think of nearly all of them as existing in one world. The Escapes don't really work with that idea and Halloween is shown as a movie within the Halloween III universe but those could just be movies within the Carpenter universe (sorta like how Tarantino says how Kill Bill would exist as a movie in his regular 'universe' of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction).

The best crossover material would be, like you said, the tough guys. Napoleon Wilson, Snake Plissken, Nada, Crow or even Ballard & Williams (from Ghosts Of Mars). As for continuing adventures, I think Snake Plissken has a lot of miles left on his wheels.

Also, this raises the question, does Christine exist in the Carpenter world or is it part of the Stephen King universe? :)

Reactions: SAhmed

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
I think the Ghosts of Mars stuff was a bit too far in the future to work with the other stuff.

As I figured, a lot of his movies wouldn't work in this scenario but the three I mentioned would prolly work best.

Maybe they can get a crossover comic book going.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
Michael Allred said:
Maybe they can get a crossover comic book going.
Big Trouble In Little China and Escape From New York both have a comic book series from the same company so it's more in the realm of possibility than if they had to deal with multiple companies or getting licenses to do comic books.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
Speaking of those comics, I tried reading both but the awful artwork really put me off them. So disappointed.

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'd like to see Carpenter direct a western...one actually set in the Old West...supposedly always a dream of his. He could always have Kurt saddle up for it as he seems to enjoy doing a western...

Reactions: TravisR and SAhmed

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanchibrneha