What's new

A.I. Release on 12/18/01? (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I'm more inclined to believe the March date. Reason being is that retail has seen preorders for American Pie 2, Fast and the Furious, etc. My point being that there is a boat load of pretty decent titles coming in January and their preorders have come and almost gone. Certainly a Jan. 29th date would've preordered by now.

Tino - I'm with you. I'd sure like to catch this one on the big screen first. If you hear anything, let me know!

Matt

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,

I was sort of thinking that too. That maybe they would just give up on the rerelease costs and bump the DVD up as a more cost-effective and possibly influential method of gaining a nomination.

I do believe that method works, but the real test might be Moulin Rouge which will street just in time to get in the heads of those who will be nominating it.

I figure a kick-ass DVD has to blow away the lame VHS screeners that have been getting handed out.

A.I. seems a shoe-in for effects or art direction, imo. Not sure about Jude's chances as the field could be pretty tight this year. Personally I really enjoyed the film, but I think it's future is looking bleak Oscar-wise.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
hum, i've heard a lot of dates flying around, should be interesting when they finally put the date into stone. comingsoon.com has a date listed for march 5

BryanZ

Screenwriter
"Rent before buy. Rent before buy. Rent before ... Rent. Ren... Buy. Buy now. Buy now."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks