What's new

A.I - Last 45 minutes... (1 Viewer)

Ash Williams

Second Unit
To me, A.I. is the best film of 2001. Many people disagree with me but so what. I think a lot of the critics tried to pick it apart and point out all the plot holes,which is a shame because the movie,I feel, is intended to be like a dream. Spielberg new exactly what he was doing. According to the production notes,Spielberg and Kubrick were working the film out for more than 15 years. I am glad it bombed at the box office because in time it will achieve cult status. As for the last 45 minutes....I wouldn't change a thing.
------------------
http://store6.yimg.com/I/htmarket_1648_3201525
And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us!" - "Wiz Kid" Donnie Smith

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
If the CGI "robin williams," supermechas, and blue fairy hadn't been so poorly done I might have liked the ending better. I think Stan Winston animatronics and a human hologram for the blue fairy image would have been a hell of a lot better.
I think ILM is slipping. Just look at The Mummy Returns...
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I think the 'Dr. Know' was supposed to look fake. It's a fairground attraction, after all.
As for the uber-mechas, well we don't really know much about them. I got the impression they were made of some kind of viscous fluid.

Mark Beise

Agent
Speaking for myself, I thought that A.I. was a masterpiece,what movies were made for, and the fact that it encourages such intellectual debate on this great message board makes me believe that it is even more brilliant than I had originally thought.
-Mark
[Edited last by Mark Beise on October 21, 2001 at 10:20 PM]

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
the fact that it encourages such intellectual debate on this great message board makes me believe that it is even more brilliant than I had originally thought.
I very much agree, Mark. It is SO UTTERLY REFRESHING not to have the focus of discussion about a science fiction film be the "kewl thunderous bass and surround fx" and the "golly gee, look how many polygons they used for the CGI fx", but INSTEAD to talk about IDEAS!
What a novel concept.
------------------

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Makes you wonder what film is all about doesn't it? What good are ideas if you can have effects? I hope Hollywood goes back to trying to get you to think. We need more thinking these days.
(I am not bashing whatever type of movie you may like. I am stating my opinion and only that.) :)
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs
[Edited last by tyler O on October 22, 2001 at 06:57 AM]

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad I started this thread. Thanks for all your intelligent input!
But I'm still concerned about the future of science-fiction. I think there will always be a interrest for science-fiction made right (intelligently made I mean) but the sad news is A.I didn't make so much money. The only chance is if big moviemoguls like Spielberg continues to make them. My biggest hope right now is Finchers adaption of Arthur C. Clarkes novel "Rendezvous With Rama". I read the book several months ago and there is enormous potential in that film to be great and also appeal to the masses. The visuals alone would suck people in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks