What's new

a.i. dvd (1 Viewer)

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this dvd. There weren't any other movies that kept me thinking as long after viewing them last year as this one did. Here's hoping the actual artwork comes close to this simplistic interpretation.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
....while it's still hot from the stock boy's warm sweaty hands.
Careful, that's not sweat!
eek.gif

RyanM

Agent
Here's an interesting development from a recent interview with composer John Williams (translated from French):
J.W.: I am extremely disappointed of the bad results of A.I. in United States. Disappointed for Steven above all. He put all his heart in it and it is a pity American audience sanctioned him that way. It is such a different film in its approach, in its shape… We were really convinced the audience would follow us. It still remains a very beautiful movie however and I hope it will find a more popular echo in Europe. It allowed me to compose another form of music for Steven, close to the one we have tested on Always, but even more minimalist. We wanted to give a cinema sense to the word “sadness”, and I still believe we have found a reasonable definition. We haven’t spoken about the DVD yet, only about the DVD-Audio. This being said, I wouldn’t be surprised you could find a “musical bonus” for its release in next December (Region 1).

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I think the DVD sales will surprise everyone. I'm guessing that the typical movie going people just aren't into movies like this, while those that are would rather wait for the DVD then to brave the multiplex. I don't think the box office numbers reflect anything about the movie, I think it reflects the attitudes of summer movie audiences.
Keep the faith...many great movies were not appreciated in their time.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks