A "help needed" question regarding Rogue Squadron 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_W, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I am at the "Prison of Hoo Hah" or whatever it is called and every time I get to the "help the prisoners by bombing the gun towers" part I always run out of time and fail the mission. This is starting to get very frustrating.

Any help and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

I hate this mission as well. Have you consulted a walk-through? The best thing to do is hit the breaks, bomb the suckers, don't waste too much bombs. When you finish bombing them, follow the orange cone in your radar to the next spot.
    www.gamefaqs.com

3. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Yeah, I've checked with a walkthrough and it says to follow your radar and bomb seven towers and so on and so forth. But by the time I get to that part I end up following the train track and try to bomb as many towers as possible. Plus, when I use the breaks my time seems to be real short and the mission ends up failing (I blame the mission and not myself becuase those bastards need to supply me with more time [​IMG]).
    I usely go to http://www.gamewinners.com for codes and/or walkthrough lists.
    Thank you for your help, I will go at it again.

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

For some reason, I genuinely laughed at the "Hoo Hah" comment. That was pretty well placed, and I applaud it.

As for the level, I don't hate it, but I can understand why others would. I just play it as little as possible.

6. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I hate this mission!!!!!! [​IMG]
    -Andre F

7. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I'll Double your post!

8. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Well, I beat this mission after playing it a few more times and actually following my radar (something I don't normally do, but will be doing from now on).

I really enjoy this game though. The graphics and sound effects are just wonderful. Not to mention the whole Star Wars scenes at some of the menus are just amazing.

I just hope there are more games that I will interested in for the Game Cube. I just recently bought it and have enjoyed it thouroughly so far.

And thanks for all the help and/or joint hatred for this particular level.

9. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I am currently stuck on Battle of Endor... but, what a level to be stuck on... it is so pretty it makes me almost cry wookie-sized tears [​IMG]
    Damn those TIE interceptors... I hate them [​IMG]

10. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

11. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

You know, you would think that when the Rebel Alliance sets out to accomplish a mission that they would send out more than just THREE FRICKIN' SHIPS!!!

I mean I can't do everything for the Alliance, I am but one man in one ship controlling two other ships on top of that. Why can't they send me help.

I'll take out the Tie Fighters and some other guy can worry about the AT-STs. More than three Rebel ships... HELLO!!!!

Sorry, I just get pissed a little too easily sometimes.

12. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Not that anyone cares, but I just beat the game. Man that was hard!

13. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Hey brad, wasn't endurance fun???? I can't even tell you how many beers i went through during that level.

14. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Which one was endurance?

15. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

It's the 15th mission. You take on 99 waves of TIE Fighters which amounts to something like 1800 TIE's. The level takes a long ass time to beat obviously. If you didn't open that level up, you still got more to go.

16. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

I should mention that you need gold medals in all 14 levels to open it up. Beating the first 10 missions was the easy part. It's getting the Gold medals that is the true game.

17. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Geese Louise!! And here I was content just on beating the damn game... now I have to beat each level with Gold frickin' medals? I think I need a nap.

18. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Good luck Brad!!! You'll feel like you accomplished the impossible when you're done.

19. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Brad getting the gold medals is quite a task!! The ships and levels you open up are quite worth it though (the asteroid chase level is my personal favorite).

Also I wanted to just say the Battle of Endor is a truly remarkable thing to behold. Once you get to the second part of the level and you turn the X-wing around, put the cockpit view on and watch the Tie's all come in around your ship. I swear its like being in the movie! This game is worth it for that alone.

20. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Romier, i agree 100%. This game was worth every minute i played. Battle of Endor is simply amazing. And just the thought of taking on 1800 TIE fighters by yourself, with the last one being vader himself, just sends chills down my spine.