What's new

A heartbeat at 6 weeks (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Last Tuesday (the 18th) the night before we left for Mammoth Mountain we went in for our first Ultrasound. At 6 weeks the baby is 1/4" in size and the nurse showed us the hearbeat. I was floored that at 6 weeks they can see so much and that a heart is beating...utterly amazing.

Having a second child had not hit me until the nurse said the due date is October 15th, at that moment, it hit...bam!

Peace Out~:D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Congratulations Ron! I'm having my first child and we saw the heartbeat at around 7 weeks during our first Ultrasound.:)
It really made an impact on me. My wife is due on Sept 5th and I can't wait!! I couldn't be happier.:)

Maybe we should start a HTF baby pool. Guess the weight and delivery date contest.:D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Oh man, that is wonderful. You know I wish you the best. This calls for a beer night.
I've got

Friday, Oct. 10th, 11:58 A.M. 6lbs 8oz. Do we know sex?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hi Ron,

I agree. I never really thought they became "babies" until several months into the pregnancy. That is until my wife brought home an "actual size" plastic baby the other day. We're between 2 and 3 months now (second child, our first is 6 years old) and it already looks like a human. Simply amazing.

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Congrats! We are having another also. Due date 09/20/03 we will hopefully hear the heartbeat on Wednesday at her appt. This is our 2nd also. I am very excited! :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You see what home theatre does!! :)

Congratulations and welcome to the club to all of you. If you need any baby tips as to how they interact with home theatre and your equipment, just ask me. I have 3 boys ;)

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Kids and home theater....ha

My 2 year old son has dvds that he can't touch
Elmo
Barney
Blues clues
Dora

his "DBDEE's" that he can touch and take to bed with him:

AOL 5.0, 6.0 7.0 8.0 etc.... AOL cds are good for something, ha ha

If only he would stop trying to shove them in the old VCR :D

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Ron

Did you get a picture????
When my wife was pregnant wife our first back in '94 she got a picture from the ultrasound. SHe was 8 weeks along. Very cool, at 8 weeks, the baby look like a peanut, later about 20 weeks the pictures were stunning. We even got video with our last one who is a year old.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Congratulations! Being a father is the best thing that ever happened to me. Is your first kid a boy or a girl.

Oh yea, with two kids: You will NEVER have a quiet moment before bedtime. Period! :)

--Anders

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks guys, it is exciting, scary, but exciting.

Oh, and a 2nd kid will also cut into your beer money.
:laugh: :) :frowning: :eek: :angry: Noooooooooooooooo ;)

It's a little more risky for us as my wife is RH- and I am RH+ so her body treats me as a virus and attacks. Luckily, they have shots to counter act this, but it is still considered a semi-risky pregnancy. All looks good so far though, can't ask for more than that.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Congrats Ron.

I am with you too. We just had our first Ultrasound yesterday and my wife is 8-9 weeks along. We, along with the doctor, were amazed how much the baby was moving around when we had ours done. According to the doctor our second child will be due October 1st so we will have to keep each other up to date on how our wives are doing & what is going on Ron. :D

Our first was Born November 21st of 2001 8Ibs 9.5oz baby boy named Gabriel.

KyleS

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
:laugh: Ralph, guess I could have worded it a little...different.

KyleS, the nurse said that our "little one" was also quite active for only being 6 weeks. Our first was born February 19th, 1997, a girl (Elise), weighing in at 10.5 lbs.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Congrats!
We just had our first a week ago and I am in the middle of the Newborn Diet! Lost 5 lbs. since she came home and loving every minute of it, even the crying fits and "Holy #$*$" smells coming from the diapers! Good will to all our future HT babies and a firm pat on the back to the daddies who will be lucky to catch a DVD between staring into those beautiful faces!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks