What's new

A Hard Day's Night (New) DVD Cover (1 Viewer)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Thanks Amazon.
B0000542D2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thrilled that it finally seems to be on the way for real (is that Oct. 24 date accurate?), but that cover doesn't exactly scream "Hard Day's Night" to me. This looks like the cover of "Let It Be". Why not use the re-issue one-sheet? It had that fun early 60's Beatles look going for it.

Anyhow, I ordered this at Amazon about a year and a half ago - gotta find out if the order it still open...

JiM T

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I'm thrilled that it finally seems to be on the way for real (is that Oct. 24 date accurate?), but that cover doesn't exactly scream "Hard Day's Night" to me. This looks like the cover of "Let It Be". Why not use the re-issue one-sheet? It had that fun early 60's Beatles look going for it.
The reissue one-sheet was essentially the original one-sheet with more text. But I'm with you, I liked it a lot.

Perhaps the art above is a slipcase, like the Vista Series titles? There is a visual similarity with the banner at the top. The one-sheet art may be inside somewhere.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It may have the Let It Be layout, but I don't see no beards, wire-rim grannie glasses, and overcast sky in no background. Me happy with DVD cover. Me major Beatles fan too. Any sites taking pre-orders yet?

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I can't say how I know (I know it sucks, sorry), but the street date I have is 9/24/02. But any street date is subject to change.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Too generic, I'd rather have the poster art, but at least it's finally coming.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yup, that's some hideous cover art. Fortunately, I don't care about those kinds of things. They could package it in orange and brown polyester for all I care. :D
All I can say about this release is: It's about frickin time! And it better be worth the wait.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I hope this is only temporary!
The cover on the MPI version was nice, the original poster art on the Miramax DVD forever was nice...but that really sucks.
Actually, I'd like to see a cover made from the soundtrack-esque lobby card which had a ton of small pictures of the Beatles, but with one of Wilfrid Bramble in one frame. :D

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Cover art looks good to me. It could be wrapped in a plain brown paper bag for all I care!

Referring to my selling off the original DVD so early:

This boy wouldn't mind the pain,

Would always feel the same,

'Til this boy gets you back again.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Not giving a shit here what the case looks like, as long as they finally issue this baby. Mine! Mine! Mine! :D
And if it really bothers you that badly, I'm sure that dvdcoverart.com will be willing to accommodate you. :)

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Another great movie that I've not seen.. Looking forward to this. :) Cheers Disney, as long as it's in OAR!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Why did they sepia tone the photos? "Enhanced" picture is not restored, is it? Who are the Beatles? :D

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
A Hard Day's Night was fully restored by Paul Rutan from the original camera negative, except for the first and last reels. They were restored from a European fine-grain negative.

The audio on the original restoration was simply a digitally restored track of the awful 1981 re-release mono track, with the songs dubbed in from the song masters.

However, when Miramax re-released the film, a better soundmix was created using earlier generation elements, the isolated sound effects track, and newly digitally remixed tracks of the songs.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why they wouldn't use some other image from the movie, rather than this rather boring cover. With 2 discs this will definitely give me a reason to repurchase this DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks