What's new

A guide to MST3k on DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Is there a guide to MST3k on DVD? I have never seen the show because it never airs over here but it sounds like something right up my alley so I would like where a good place to start is. Vol. 1 seems to be a logical place but some of the reviews say it isn't the best example of how funny the show can be.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I'd recommend grabbing these individually-released discs first, which will probably be cheaper than picking up a box set, to get a feel for the series and each of its hosts -- Eegah! and The Beginning of the End.

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
For individual volumes, I would recommend "Manos: The Hands Of Fate" and "Mitchell"

They're both excellent examples of the 'joel' era and 'mike' era MST3K, plus they're both terribly bad movies.

If you want to try the collections, I'd go with either Vol. 3 or 4. VOlume 3 has "Pod People" and "Cave Dwellers" which were two of the funniest joel era episodes. Vol. 4 has some great Sci-fi era episodes. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the above packs though you probably don't want to buy a 'collection' for a show you haven't seen yet.

Michael

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I'd also recommend going with "Manos: Hands of Fate". It's generally regarded by fans as one of the funniest MST3K shows ever. If I remember correctly, the individual volumes are going for a song at deepdiscountdvd.com

After you see it and love it, I'd recommend going with the 4-disc collections. I have a feeling that they will collect the individual volumes into 4-disc box sets in the future, so you won't want to have to repurchase them. But if you do want to keep buying individual stuff, pick up "Mitchell" and "Eegah!" after "Manos...". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks