What's new

A good replacement for AV3s? (1 Viewer)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
So I've been in the planning stages of making some small speakers using just an AV3 speaker (I want it to be my first speaker building project just to break me into things...you know, start small), but I've just been informed by Adire Audio that they are discontinuing the AV3s. They are currently looking into a replacement. Meanwhile, are there any affordable full range 3" mid-woofers that would be a good replacement? What are my options?

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Well, that sucks about the discontinuing of the av3s. I wanted to make some cheap surrounds with them. You could take a look at Link Removed. You can still pick something up in the preorder stage.

Al Garay

Stunt Coordinator
Wait a minute. Are you getting the kits mixed up? AV3 is made by GR-Research. I just contacted Danny Richie who said the AV line will continue.

Adire Audio makes 281Kit, H10.1 and numerous other kits but not the AV3. What is confusing is that their owner is also called Dan. But one is Dan. The other is Danny. Dang... now I have the song tomatoe or tomaTO stuck in my head.

Good luck,

Al

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
The AV3 is a small full range driver that Adire carries and is also the name of a speaker from GR Research. A bit confusing but two completely different items. :)
I'd look at the Tang Band drivers for a nice driver at about the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks