A good buy for starting Home theater? Celestion F Series

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MikeGonn, Jan 23, 2004.

1. MikeGonn

MikeGonn Auditioning

I cannot post links so copy and paste please.

For $659.95, it doesn't seem like a bad deal at all. Any thoughts regarding this setup? I did a search any there was no comments regarding the new F series they have out now.

Also since I live in Alaska, shipping is mean! ($250 + $300 to get a fluance system shipped here) Best buy and a few other places are my only options and I am a little tight on cash, so hence the question about this particular setup.

Link to System (Look for Celestion F series on the first page)
    www bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=cat03049

Link to pdf of specs
    www celestion.com/information/F_Series_brochure.pdf

2. Benihana

Benihana Stunt Coordinator

I remember the F series well. I picked up new in box 2 F20 floorstanders, 2 F10 surround speakers, 3 F center channels for $320 out the door from good guys a while back, made some nice money off em [​IMG] , sold the 2 floorstanders for $350. I never hooked em up in a HT, but i did 2 channel the mains off. They were decent but didn't get very loud. Since you are buying from best buy, i think you should look into the Athena loudspeakers. You can get a pair of Athena AS-F1's for $199, a Athena Center channel for $179, and athena surrounds for either $179, and the Athena AS-B1 surround speakers for $179, which comes out to $557 and you will have $102 left from your original $660. and you can pick up a Dayton DLS 10" from parts express for $130, or you can wait till it goes on sale for $89. ORRRR, you can find the cheapest place online for a Sony SA-WM500(150watt 12") subwoofer, take a printout of the website with the price, and take it to sears and they will pricematch it, and you can walk off with the sub right from the store. I love sears for that. Hope that helps.

3. MikeGonn

MikeGonn Auditioning

No other thoughts regarding these? I guess no one has actually listened to the new F series yet...