What's new

A good budget system for around 300 used (1 Viewer)

Robahr24

Grip
Real Name
Robert Ahr
My sony home theater system pretty much sucks. A lot of treble, not enough bass, and not loud enough. I don't have the money to go buy a $700-$1000 system, so for now im want to obtain some parts to just make my own that works well for a total around $300-$400 max. I live in cleveland so if anybody know where i can get some cheap GOOD speakers and a receiver, please tell me...

I have been trying to find some systems cheap. Its a Kenwood HTB 503DV home theater system. A little old but maybe its pretty good. If i could get it for 300 should I take it? The guy wants 400 for it, which i think is a little too pricey since new they were 700 in 01.

For sale is a 2000 Kenwood HTB 503DV Home Theater Surround System that consists of the AV surround VR-309 Dolby Digital/DTS receiver, Compact multiple CD player CD-203, KS-401HT speaker system (2 fronts, 1 center, and 2 rear), also comes with 2 KLH floorstanding speakers, SW-32HT subwoofer and black stereo cabinet. *If you are interested, please contact me via the craigslist e-mail address or 440-478-1948. *Used but like new. *System still sounds and works great! *Antennas and proper wiring included. *remote included.

What are some other options I have?

Robahr24

Grip
Real Name
Robert Ahr
I don't know the model number but its a Sony 5.1 system in a box...about 4 years old. Says its a 600watt system.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You're not going to have very many options, for the money you want to spend. To get a decent sounding system, for that money, your best bet is going to be Craig's List or ebay...........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks