What's new

A friends chicken bone art project Help (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
A friend of mine is creating a art project from chicken bones. She would like to use the bones of a full chicken and asked me how she would go about getting all of the chicken cleanly away from the bones of a full chicken while leaving the skeleton intact in as close to one piece as possible.

I thought boiling it might be the way to go but I thought the hot water would seperate the bones from each other instead of keeping them together.

So since I was out of ideas I turn to the HTF for answers:)

Blu

Screenwriter
She is going to use a fryer chicken from the store. But that would be a good idea if there were a beetle nest around here somewhere.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
find out what taxidermists use to bleach skulls? they put it in some kind of an mixture I think, but once you clear all that away there won't be anything holding the bones together.
some might also just boil them I suppose. Stop in and talk to a taxidermist, I bet they could give you some idea, or look for a taxidermist forum online?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks