A friends chicken bone art project Help

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Blu, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

A friend of mine is creating a art project from chicken bones. She would like to use the bones of a full chicken and asked me how she would go about getting all of the chicken cleanly away from the bones of a full chicken while leaving the skeleton intact in as close to one piece as possible.

I thought boiling it might be the way to go but I thought the hot water would seperate the bones from each other instead of keeping them together.

So since I was out of ideas I turn to the HTF for answers[​IMG]

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Put a dead chicken near a beetle nest

3. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

She is going to use a fryer chicken from the store. But that would be a good idea if there were a beetle nest around here somewhere.

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

find out what taxidermists use to bleach skulls? they put it in some kind of an mixture I think, but once you clear all that away there won't be anything holding the bones together.
    some might also just boil them I suppose. Stop in and talk to a taxidermist, I bet they could give you some idea, or look for a taxidermist forum online?

5. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Yep. No matter what you're into, there's bound to be a forum about it. [​IMG]