What's new

A forth disc about the making of Winter light in Criterion's Bergman trilogy? (1 Viewer)

AlbertAgullo

Agent
(As read in Home vision web site)

Have you noticed?:"Spanish with optional english subtitles"

That must be a mistake! Hope it wasn't

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
For the sake of clarification, Albert is referring to this disc which has appeared on Home Vision's site as part of the upcoming Ingmar Bergman Trilogy. It is not on Criterion's site as of yet, but since Home Vision is Criterion's distributor it can be considered solid and official information.

It is a 144-minute Spanish on-set documentary on the making of Winter Light. Considering Criterion have taken the trouble to licence it and give it its own disc, it should be absolutely amazing!

AlbertAgullo

Agent
So it's a "Spanish language" documentary.

I'd kill to know more details about it.
Well. Let's be patient.

Regards

richardWI

Second Unit
I found the film, like most Bergman I've seen, to be the cinematic equivelant of wheat germ; but I am interested in the technical aspects of the production. They went through great pains to get the lighting correct. The real time aspect was nice too. The documentary is tempting though. Does it have a commentary track too?

Why is Bergman praised for his characterizations? The men are usually cold and withdrawn and the women are usually either remote or having conniption fits.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
C'mon, richard... it's Brechtian!

Great news about this documentary. This set is starting to look everybit as good as the Dreyer Box! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks