What's new

Pre-Order A Fistful of Dynamite aka Duck, You Sucker (1971) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
911aXB5IyYL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Here's the spec:
  • Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
  • Audio Commentary by Film Historian Sir Christopher Frayling
  • Featurette: The Myth of the Revolution
  • Featurette: Sergio Donati Remembers
  • Featurette: Once Upon a Time in Italy (The Autry Exhibition)
  • Featurette: Sorting Out the Versions
  • Featurette: Restoration Italian Style
  • Featurette: Location Comparisons
  • Trailers from Hell with Brian Trenchard-Smith
  • 2 Animated Image Galleries
  • 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Audio
  • Reversible Art
  • 5 Radio Spots
  • Trailers for all 5 Sergio Leone Westerns
It appears to be almost a port of the various international but identical MGM BDs. The only substantial additions are the Cox commentary and Trailers from Hell spot, which is available on their site in HD anyway.

I already have all the slightly tealed and cropped MGM BD's SD extras on the 2-DVD Collector's Edition set, so own the unique, English-friendly Italian BD instead, also recently reissued. But that too is far from perfect. I'll only bite if Kino's transfer improves on the previous two.

Last edited:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I was super disappointed by the Kino THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY — particularly the botched extras — so I'm not holding my breath here.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Re caps-a-holic: I hate screen shots, but I happen to have both transfers - even a cursory look at those shots will tell you that the Italian is a botched brown mess - I simply do not believe that is a restoration of any kind and it certainly wasn't done by the folks who did The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly. The MGM, which I didn't love, at least has color.

Spencer Draper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Spencer Draper
I don't understand why Kino has reverted to the Fistful title which was only slapped onto the late cut down second 1971 US release and was stuck on the film until the MGM long version finally came to DVD in 2007 stateside. Otherwise it's the same MGM disc with a few extras added, but of course that means it has all the same problems videowise-and most importantly the audio errors are still present: censored dialogue, incorrect music cues, incorrect lines and no original English mono.

While it's an okay HD master-it does NOT look anywhere near as good as the 35mm print MGM made and showed a handful of times. While it still had the error filled 5.1 remix, the picture quality on the big screen was wonderful.

I own both MGM and Italian Blu-rays-neither are satisfactory. I own the DVD and both long Laserdiscs. Still this film can't get a proper release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks