What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Zombie -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
When Blue Underground's Bill Lustig decides to do a special edition, nothing stands in his way, and Lucio Fulci's 1979 Zombie, is the perfect example.

A new 4k scan of the OCN, which is beautiful, a disc and a half of extras, some from the older edition and some new, and a CD of the score.

While Mr. Fulci's work isn't my cup of tea, one must respect the work that has gone into the creation of this package.

Fans of Mr. Fulci's work, and Italian horror are going to love this release.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HA MA 7.1, as well as 1.0)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from DVD - Absolutely!

Recommended for fans of the genre

RAH

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Not just an upgrade from DVD, it's a pretty huge upgrade from the earlier Blu-ray edition that Blue Underground released in 2011, as well. It's a gorgeous release.

Vincent

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul Thrussell
From what I've heard, Lustig was told that the transfer he received for his last BD (there's three now, I think?) was from the neg and was pretty choked to find out they had lied and supplied one from an IP, and then they turned around not long after and let Arrow access the OCN (perhaps due to James White's influence) for a release that was a fair bit better looking than the contemporaneous BU one. I'd imagine it's a matter of great pride to now finally have the definitive release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks