What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Year of the Jellyfish – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Photographed in and around Saint-Tropez, Christopher Frank's 1984 Year of the Jellyfish, is beautifully produced Euro-trash, with far more female flesh than you'll find in any of the Disney True Life Adventures.

With the beautiful Valerie Kaprisky in the lead (can't believe she's going to be 60), it could fit in nicely with some of the French moral tales of the 1960s, except she gets a bit carried away using jellyfish as her accomplice.

It's a beautifully produced Blu-ray from the Cohen Collection, with superb color and densities - everything in its place.

My only dislike are the forced trailers. It seemed as through there were over a dozen, with no easy means of escape other than skipping on to the next... and the next... and the next.

Looks very much like a film print, inclusive of a bit of natural sparkle.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (French with English sub-titles)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Works up-rezzed to 4k - Beautifully

Recommended (except for those can cannot abide fabric free beaches)

RAH

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I've always been interested in this film, but never got around to seeing it.

Ms. Kaprinsky's tanned, beachy indolence on the cover of the Blu definitely caught my eye.

Glad to hear it looks good and is worth watching.

And yes, loading those Cohen discs can be quite taxing on one's finger muscles while wielding remotes.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Photographed in and around Saint-Tropez, Christopher Frank's 1984 Year of the Jellyfish, is beautifully produced Euro-trash, with far more female flesh than you'll find in any of the Disney True Life Adventures.

With the beautiful Valerie Kaprisky in the lead (can't believe she's going to be 60), it could fit in nicely with some of the French moral tales of the 1960s, except she gets a bit carried away using jellyfish as her accomplice.

It's a beautifully produced Blu-ray from the Cohen Collection, with superb color and densities - everything in its place.

My only dislike are the forced trailers. It seemed as through there were over a dozen, with no easy means of escape other than skipping on to the next... and the next... and the next.

Looks very much like a film print, inclusive of a bit of natural sparkle.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (French with English sub-titles)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Works up-rezzed to 4k - Beautifully

Recommended (except for those can cannot abide fabric free beaches)

RAH
Just watched the disc this afternoon, and the subtitles are burned-in, with changeover marks visible at the end of every reel. Definitely a print -- or could it have been the internegative which preceded that? The damage looks like print damage, but I'll happily acknowledge my own lack of expertise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks