What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Wildling -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Wildling, directed by newcomer, Fritz Bohm, is a New York made horror film about a seemingly normal young teen, named Anna, who (apparently things may go a bit differently in New York), is going through the things that young teen girls do, as they begin to physically mature.

In this case, Anna, who is beautifully played by Bel Powley, has been home-schooled by her father, and seems to spend her time indoors, with no human contact except old dad (Brad Dourif.)

Things change when dad ends up in the hospital, and young Anna is about to be placed in state care, when a kindly sheriff Liv Tyler, who also produced, comes to the rescue.

Additional support comes from the always interesting James Le Gros.

Not a terribly fun childhood, but I guess it's what one becomes used to.

I'll leave the rest of the tale up for discovery, as the film is definitely one worth discovering.

Shot with and Alexa Mini and Super Baltars (The Godfather(s), by Toby Oliver (Get Out), the new Blu-ray's imagery is quite lovely.

Imdb lists the film as having been released theatrically, with Dolby Atmos, but that could be incorrect. The Blu-ray is nicely represented via DTS-HD MA 5.1.

I'd definitely give this new Scream Factory release a shot.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35