What's new

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Took advantage of the sale price at Best Buy for this release, and just finished the season finale.

I thought the third season was a major step up from the second season. Everybody's motivations were clear, and the narrative was relatively straightforward.

The show really reinvented itself this season and based on the post-credits scenes at the end of the finale, it looks poised to do so again for the fourth season.

I do hope they wrap things up in a season or two; it's not a premise that feels well-suited to longevity.

Dee Zee

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
Curious Mr. Harris or others, what is the current technical process for shooting on film, editing and post? Is the film immediately scanned into 8K and finished on 4K?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Curious Mr. Harris or others, what is the current technical process for shooting on film, editing and post? Is the film immediately scanned into 8K and finished on 4K basic
A few different ways of achieving similar or multiple results, after shooting on film.

1. Scan the uncut daily rolls, and working from digital dailies, finalize digitally, and never return to film.

2. Same process, but record back out to film in 35mm, or whatever format.

3. After producing daily rolls, cut digitally and conform to a cut and conformed negative, to create normal analogue prints as well as DCPs.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I really enjoyed this third season and its excellent 4k presentation. A bit slow and confusing in places (like most Nolan productions!), but I liked that the production moved into the 'real' world. The ideas about AI and future prediction were very thought provoking, i was constantly taken back to the Asimov Robot and Foundation novels. Looking forward to Season 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artscience100