Doug
tumblr_o1flzrJAof1u1sr1lo1_640.gif

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As Scream Factory continues to mine the Universal library, they've offered another of
John Carpenter's '80s films.

As noted in an earlier review, he's a wonderful filmmaker who can move readily between big budget, beautifully produced films, and B level fare.

This is another of the Bs.

I'm presuming for Carpenter completists, it's a beautiful image harvest, and a quality 4k release. I'm just not understanding the 4k rationale for this one, as there's little truly 4k about it. Everything is fine, with a track upgraded to Dolby Atmos.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray – Yes

RAH

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I watched it last weekend and it is a fantastic disc. The original cinematography has its limitations from Eighties lenses and film stocks, but at a minimum I think that the grain is handled much better in 4K than it was on Blu-ray. It is very fine, but looks natural without having any added noise or other artifacts from compression. The HDR also deepens the contrast, though the colours are still mostly muted. Personally I think that it is worth the upgrade, but everyone's mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks