What's new

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I have it but will wait for the replacement disc and then watch it the way I have always seen it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I decided to buy it and get the disc replaced from Shout!, simply because it's often difficult to tell which retailer has what SKU in stock. Glad I did, because it looks gorgeous!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, now see what you've done, Mr. Harris? Now I have to buy this damn thing. I love the film and love its two follow-up films, Lust for a Vampire and Twins of Evil. The question is to wait or not to wait and how will one know when the replacements will hit the online stores?
If you buy directly from Shout, you should get the new disc if you wait until they indicate they're available and shipping. I wouldn't trust other retailers. I haven't heard of any actual recall, just a replacement program. There would be no guarantee of getting a fixed disc from other retailers, as they are likely still selling older stock until it runs out.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
If you buy directly from Shout, you should get the new disc if you wait until they indicate they're available and shipping. I wouldn't trust other retailers. I haven't heard of any actual recall, just a replacement program. There would be no guarantee of getting a fixed disc from other retailers, as they are likely still selling older stock until it runs out.
Good idea and I'll do exactly that. I ordered some stuff from them a couple of weeks ago - very fast shipping.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That is a comparison with the DVD and the old Blu-ray from Shout Factory, not the new Blu-ray from Shout Factory.
It actually has comparisons between the DVD, old Shout Blu-ray and the new Shout Blu-ray. The new one looks great in the caps. The old Blu-ray is scarcely better than the DVD.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
11dvd.jpg

11rbr.jpg

11bbr.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well after the read through, I had to hurry and go to the shout site and order this, i am hoping, bare with me now, that I get the original AIP Cut disc in the order, then I can do the replacement. And here is the reasoning, both cuts of the film will make this a true collectors edition.

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
I just recieved my copy from Shout today. What exactly am I looking for to see if I they sent the corrected disc?

Maxx

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just recieved my copy from Shout today. What exactly am I looking for to see if I they sent the corrected disc?

Maxx

Go to the scene with Ingrid Pitt in the bathtub. If you get a look at her girlie zone as she emerges, it's the uncut version.

The original edited disc cuts to avoid Pitt's frontal nethers...

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
The image looks very nice. Ingrid is in the bath and you see her uppers. When she stands up it cuts to a close up of the woman holding a towel for her than back to a full image of Ingrid from behind. Is there suppossed to be a full frontal shot when she stands up? I'll send for a replacement if there is.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
The image looks very nice. Ingrid is in the bath and you see her uppers. When she stands up it cuts to a close up of the woman holding a towel for her than back to a full image of Ingrid from behind. Is there suppossed to be a full frontal shot when she stands up? I'll send for a replacement if there is.
Yes, a frontal shot for about 3 seconds when she gets up from the wash tub.

Malcolm Bmoor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
Would you think me an old fashioned prurient person if I say I'm disappointed by this concern with needing shots of the late Ingrid Pitt's naked body?

I'll add that having worked with Ingrid on a theatre play I was friends with her, her husband and her daughter which makes the above post even more vulgar, drastically lowering the tone of this forum.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Would you think me an old fashioned prurient person if I say I'm disappointed by this concern with needing shots of the late Ingrid Pitt's naked body?

I'll add that having worked with Ingrid on a theatre play I was friends with her, her husband and her daughter which makes the above post even more vulgar, drastically lowering the tone of this forum.
Ingrid wanted to show her body. She was a Beautiful woman. It's just a movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I'm not interested in the movie so I have no horse in this fight but I would want the movie as it was originally intended over someone making a mistake and leaving a shot out whether it's frontal nudity or an establishing shot of a house.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

"Vulgar"? Pointing out what the content of the missing shot is = "vulgar"?

Protest too much? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman_tj
Recent bookmarks