What's new

A Few Words About A few words about…™ The Sopranos: The Complete Series -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
This frankly sounds like HBO just used their previously existing HD masters and threw them onto Blu-ray without any further effort. An inexpensive solution, but one that means that the earlier seasons aren't going to look quite right.

For myself, I'm happy to have the DVD season sets I collected during the show's life. The only set I have on Blu-ray is the seventh season, and I have never felt a need to go back to repurchase the whole shebang.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Craig S said:
The better deal is here. This set is available from Amazon for $109.99 today (12/2) only. Like many here, I doubt we will ever see a re-release of this set, simply based on HBOs history. So I was just waiting for the right deal, and 61% off is it.
Sonuvabitch! Thought my BB $159 would be the best deal this season. Oh, well, bada bing bada boom. It helps that I never opened the DVD complete series box set and returned it at $129 (when I only paid $59 for it. Almost like 'falling off the truck')

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Do I have a defective pressing/packaging? I'm watching season 4, disc 3, first episode titled 'Watching Too Much Television', wherein Tony has a viscous fight with with Ralph Cifaretto (Joe Pantoliano), kills him, and disposes of his body. The second episode titled 'Mergers and Acquisitions', Cifaretto is back, having lunch with Tony and another guy, talking about HUD real estate acquisitions.

What have I missed? Or is this defective pressing and packaging? Before writing here, I did to a quick Google search, and nothing turned up about a defective Blu-ray set.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Tony kills Ralphie in episode 9 (Whoever Did This) of S4. Maybe you inadvertently went down too far on the episode list and chose ep 9 instead of 7? Or maybe it's a player quirk and you could try the Play All option to see if you can get to the episodes in proper order. Or, like you said, maybe it's an error on the disc.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Disregard my earlier post. A couple of weeks ago I had switched to using a small external drive connected to a laptop, powered by a third party app. While it's bare bones, not even displaying proper menus, it works fine for movies…not so with series material. Long story short: series material will be watched via the Oppo player from now on. :)

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
What? Rosebud? Is that Rose Marie from The Dick Van Dyke show???

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I thought "Rosebud" was William Randolph Hearst's pet name for a certain part of Marion Davies' anatomy.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
bujaki said:
I thought "Rosebud" was William Randolph Hearst's pet name for a certain part of Marion Davies' anatomy.
No no no.

The secret is it was William Randolph Hearst's name for his sleigh. He named it that because he said it was just as exciting as a certain part of Marion Davies' anatomy and his ride lasted even longer on the sleigh.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only way to get friends to watch stuff within a reasonable time is to let the spoilers fly, I say.

Here's a blog I wrote a while back about how DVR Killed the Water Cooler Star, and it's been downhill ever since for people being on the same page and having the same excitement watching a show the night it aired. File it under, crusty old curmudgeon department.

http://hollywoodaholic.com/?p=90

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks