What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The New Mutants, directed by Josh Boone is the latest in the Marvel X series, and to me at least, it's an odd one.

Seemingly a new take on John Hughes' wonderful 1985 The Breakfast Club, it brings together a group of oddball
youth - five of them, same as Breakfast Club - in a hospital for oddball youth, with special problems.

While it has a few interesting moments, it never seems to know where it going, or wants to be, as it surges
onward toward a wonderfully sounding (thank you Dolby Atmos) ending.

Possibly I'm just not the target audience.

I did make note of one thing in that it credits Film Editors, while there is no film to edit. Possibly a new term is
in order?

To point, the production was shot with the new Panavision Millennium, which we previously saw via
the 4k Blu-ray of Midsommar, and this is what may, at least on a tech level, make this disc worth
owning. Overall resolution, along with color is beautifully rendered.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I still hear people say they are going to tape or film something, using their phones. Edison and Bell would be so confused. But Tesla would just say, "Right on!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks