What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Most Dangerous Game -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
In watching the Blu-Ray a couple months ago, I was struck by a handful of shots using very un-Kong-like cheesy jungle sets, as if they'd been thrown together quickly for specific set-ups, or perhaps Kong sets just lit or composed indifferently. Anyone else pick up on that?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
The Most Dangerous Game was filmed simultaneously with King Kong on King Kong's sets.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Richard--W said:
The Most Dangerous Game was filmed simultaneously with King Kong on King Kong's sets.
I know, and I've watched Kong scores of times over the decades. That's why the scenes I'm talking about stuck out like a sore thimb.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I wish all 1932 could look and sound this good. Pictorially, my only little quibble is I think the contrast is not as good as the Criterion and Roan. It is a bit flat (light) looking, but they fixed the sound splices that haunts most of RKO films of the period and certainly made the interior cave sequence much more dynamic. It looked light and a bit dupey in the previous releases. I love Steiner’s music so much, we rerecorded it (with The Son of Kong) back in 2000 for Marco Polo (Naxos), but it probably is out of print by now. Wish Kino’s THE BIRD OF PARADISE could have been half as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks