What's new

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I doubt there's any real difference in a/v despite Universal having DTS-HD MA 2.0 and Arrow having LPCM. Arrow is probably worth more for having the two David Cairns essays and the booklet, not to mention better artwork.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
One correction, it’s not a WB set, it’s a Universal set.

WB did put out a DVD set of the MGM (and sole RKO) titles many years ago.

The two sets you are looking at were titles made at Paramount (and are currently owned by Universal)

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
One correction, it’s not a WB set, it’s a Universal set.

WB did put out a DVD set of the MGM (and sole RKO) titles many years ago.

The two sets you are looking at were titles made at Paramount (and are currently owned by Universal)
Oops , Yup says Universal right on the box :) , Thought it was WB for some reason .

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If packaging means much to you... the Universal release is a digipak with 2 of the discs on an overlapping page:
91yVzqhJthL._SL1500_.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Love this packaging. Takes up a quarter of the space that WB's Marx box does (and where the hell is a Blu Ray of THAT?).
In all fairness, Warner's DVD set is large simply because they used a standard DVD case for each title and was just those titles gathered together in a box. And I agree - just where *is* the Warner BR set? Maybe Warner Archive will come through as they've been rereleasing lots of catalog titles on BR through them lately.

It *is* smaller than the original Paramount set, which also was a horrible digipak affair. I also don't like the Paramount BR packaging simply because of the use of a digipak. I much prefer standard multi-disc Viva cases. If it's a "premium" release then use multi-disc Viva cases and put them in a nice box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks