What's new

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Has anyone ever read the novel by Clinton Twiss that this film was based on?
Wondering if there were any/many differences?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Watched this tonight and echo the praise for the image.

Enjoyable movie, too. I was never much of one for "ILL" but this film hits some amusing notes, and I appreciate that it didn't just 100% regurgitate Lucy and Ricky from TV.

Desi is more the comedic focus much of the time and Lucy more the straightperson - with some exceptions.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I have always loved this movie. Normally I am not real big on putting older movies like this one on blu ray but this is the exception. Frankly it is so well done that this would be a good argument for putting any movie on blu ray.

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Reality is that it has never looked this good - or highly resolved.
This may not be my most "intellectual post", but it was very odd seeing the film looking this good. It was disconcerting! My wife and I watched it together (we are both big fans) but our memory of it has always been on TV, not a wide screen setup. I almost longed for that low-res, smeared, watched out look to take us back to our childhood.

Regardless, it IS an impressive release, far better than I had expected. Kudos to Warner's.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I don't understand this comment. Why wouldn't you want older movies on BD?
Me either. I LOVE seeing these older films so beautifully restored/remastered, whatever you want to call it. It's like watching them for the first time. One example for me is MGM's Kismet (1955). Directed by Minnelli, also. I was ok with the film before, but the Blu-ray made it a whole new viewing experience. Much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I know someone who doesn't understand why anyone would want or need to have "old B&W" movies (meaning just about anything older than, say, the 1960s, and I'm probably being generous) in HD...and she's a movie "aficionado" in her 70s.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know someone who doesn't understand why anyone would want or need to have "old B&W" movies (meaning just about anything older than, say, the 1960s, and I'm probably being generous) in HD...and she's a movie "aficionado" in her 70s.
That's not surprising as we have some members here that think DVD is good enough for many classic movies including some in color. To each their own especially when it comes to how people spend their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks