What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Intern -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Nancy Meyers' newest, The Intern, is a sweet film about a retiree, going back to the workplace, and changing the lives of all around him - in a good way.

The sweet retiree in the lead is Robert De Niro, playing alongside a sweet Anne Hathaway.

It's a nice little film, but for me there was something else that I found extremely interesting.

The film was shot by Stephen Goldblatt, who more than knows his way around a camera, in this case, an Arri Alexa XT, with the film finished as a 2k DI.

But to my eye, the imagery was rather extraordinary.  Whether based upon how it was shot, or how it was interpreted as a DI, it appeared special.

Gorgeous, actually.  Ultra-rich colors, with facial tonalities that leapt off the screen with precision, and an overall resolution that reminded me of the best of what one might see from a 35mm dye transfer reduction via matrices from an 8 perf negative.

It had that very special velvety VistaVision look.

And for me, especially for those with an eye toward technique, that kicks this sweet little film up to the must see category.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I really was pleased how the avoided the common hollywood plot where the young female falls for the older man. In this case they were truly friends and not lovers, even though they shared a bed. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks