What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ The HD to Blu-ray upgrade saga: Part 4 - Mobsters – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Gangsters isn't a great film, but it's an interesting one.

A bit akin to one of those Marvel tales about the teen years of a major hot shot super-hero. Eventually, Disney will make them for every single Star Wars character that played in the background of scenes.

Mobsters takes Christian Slater, Patrick Dempsey, Richard Grieco and Costas Mandylor and sets them up as gangsters we know and love, just as they've gotten into long pants.

Some nice set-pieces, terrific production design, it works more or less. And it ended up on the short list of HD discs that I wanted to retain in my library as Blu-rays. Most did not.

This another that hasn't been upgraded, but in this case, it's good enough. My presumption, like most of the other original HD transfers, it would be problematic, as most were also used for DVD product.

Mobsters on Blu-ray, with it's bit of sharpening, and slightly weird grain structure is acceptable. Because it's not a popular film, I doubt there will be an upgraded version.

Image – 3.25

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks