What's new

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Kino claimed my order was ready for packing on 4/27. Nothing since. Not impressed as this is my first time ordering from them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Kino claimed my order was ready for packing on 4/27. Nothing since. Not impressed as this is my first time ordering from them.
I placed my order with them on 4/30 (along with two other titles to get free shipping). I am still awaiting a shipping notice, too. I just think they ran out of stock, as most retailers are on back order right now. We'll just have to be patient.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I placed my order with them on 4/30 (along with two other titles to get free shipping). I am still awaiting a shipping notice, too. I just think they ran out of stock, as most retailers are on back order right now. We'll just have to be patient.

Kino should have at least updated me and not lead me on to thinking it's about to ship. Ready for packing implies it's just about there. That seems deceptive to me. I will try to stick to Amazon going forward.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I also read about this weird plastic 'stuff' emitting from the case of the movie?!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Kino should have at least updated me and not lead me on to thinking it's about to ship. Ready for packing implies it's just about there. That seems deceptive to me. I will try to stick to Amazon going forward.
You can do that, but I got two blu-rays from Kino on Thursday, who's release date is next Tuesday. I've since watched both of them. At this time, there are supply issues with every retailer regarding physical media.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'll try to be patient. I guess when I received that email 'Ready for Packing' I was kind of like, "hoorah!"

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I also read about this weird plastic 'stuff' emitting from the case of the movie?!

There was some kind of oily residue on the inside of the case for this and for the UHD of Spaceballs. At least on my copies, and apparently (based on comments at The Other Site) others' copies as well, regardless of whether ordered directly from Kino or somewhere else. This is the first time I've had such a problem with any Kino releases, or any other UHD releases. It seems clear (to me, anyway) that it's an issue with the pressing plant.

The residue also gets on the disc, and in my case, it caused problems with my player reading the disc (let alone loading it). Wiping the discs, and the inside of the cases, with a microfiber cloth fixed the problem.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I just checked my copy of TGTBATU, which came from Amazon, and it DOES have some very light oily residue inside the case. Almost like a film. It has not invaded the discs, but I swapped the case out anyway.

cda1143

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Received today:

Dear Customer,

We first would like to thank you for your recent order from Kino Lorber. However, we have just learned that the expected stock for THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) will be further delayed. We are now expecting new stock to arrive at our fulfillment center by late May or early June. Unfortunately, this will delay the shipment of your order until we are fully restocked with THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) in early June. We do not ship orders until all items are in stock and we are unable split orders.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. If you bought THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) expecting to receive it sooner than June, then you may contact us at [email protected] and we can either remove the item from your order or we can cancel the entire order.

If you are fine waiting to receive your copy of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD), then no further action is required and we will ship when new copies become available.

As a reminder, THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) is no longer sold with a Limited Edition Slipcover.

Best Regards,

Kino Lorber Customer Service

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Received today:

Dear Customer,

We first would like to thank you for your recent order from Kino Lorber. However, we have just learned that the expected stock for THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) will be further delayed. We are now expecting new stock to arrive at our fulfillment center by late May or early June. Unfortunately, this will delay the shipment of your order until we are fully restocked with THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) in early June. We do not ship orders until all items are in stock and we are unable split orders.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. If you bought THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) expecting to receive it sooner than June, then you may contact us at [email protected] and we can either remove the item from your order or we can cancel the entire order.

If you are fine waiting to receive your copy of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD), then no further action is required and we will ship when new copies become available.

As a reminder, THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (4K UHD) is no longer sold with a Limited Edition Slipcover.

Best Regards,

It looks like the demand for this release was more than they expected.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Received today:

Dear Customer,

Best Regards,

I received the same email. I am keeping my order, as I have no issue waiting for additional stock. I've seen the film many, many times, and can wait to watch it again.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Made my own Custom Slipcase ! :) Love this Poster art Best.
DSC00439.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbr6312
Recent bookmarks