What's new

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Some wonderful designs there, Scott. Thank you for providing that link.

I discovered I have several of your work samples sitting on my shelf - including The Poetic Trilogy and My Name is Julia Ross.

Love your Saul Bass-inspired designs for the Arrow Noir boxset.

The first of your designs for The Big Clock (i.e. top left image on your linked page) is my favourite of the lot. Of the final production sleeves, I actually prefer the reverse cover than the designated front cover. I find that’s often the case with many Arrow sleeves.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations in future Arrow releases.

Very nice work. Very Bassish, which is always a good thing.

Lucky is the artist who gets to exercise, utilize and eventually fully realize their given gift(s).

I applaud your designs and think your work is great.

Thanks for sharing this with HTF.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Love each of those, Scott. Great job! I like what they went with, too, but prefer your originals.

Thanks for the kind words!! It's funny... I don't post here as often as I used to, but I've been a member since I was in high school. I'm 36 now... life takes you funny places! As far as Arrow, I do have one more title in the hopper.

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Watched The Big Clock along with the two documentaries, and enjoyed everything! One of my favorite films. :thumbsup:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Noir Archives 1 is around $28 as a nice add-on -- I'd call it a double feature, but that's not quite right either.

FWIW FS is calculated after the coupon so closer to $4 add-on
I tested it and with the code it said "$.01 to go for free shipping" ... so I went with that. My memory is that I have been able to get under $25.00 total after coupon...or close to it ...:cool: ..

If you promise not to judge ... here is an example I found of one of my Deep Discount orders where the total AFTER discount was less than $1.00 above $25.00 The code TVBOGO may have triggered the discount and it may not work for all codes.
Product Qty Cost Total
Glitter

Blu-ray
1 $4.83 $4.83
Little House on the Prairie Season 4 Collection
Blu-ray
1 $20.79 $20.79
Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 Collection
Blu-ray
1 $20.79 $20.79
Subtotal
Promo Code: TVBOGO
Standard Shipping
Total
$20.79
$46.41
($20.79)
$0.00
$25.62

Order Summary
Today's Order $25.62
Total to be charged to your credit card $25.62
The order was placed on 02/26/2018 the policies may have changed. My recollection was that I put about the lowest bluray (I meant price-wise ;)) I could find that I didn't have already ...and checked to make sure it worked before confirming the order

Do not back up or severe tire damage may result
I received my order today for The Big Clock and another Masterpiece of Film (made for TV) The DVD of Police Squad! -All Six Episodes - We return you now the the discussion of the Arrow Release of the Big Clock ...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
So I thought I had seen this film before - and probably did on out PBS station's "Cinema Classics" show ...

I have to say this is an amazing film and Elsa Lanchester's performance is a hoot ... And um Colonel Potter from TV's M*A*S*H makes an amazing performance with no lines.

I can't recommend this film enough. There are some minor PQ issues at the beginning and grain that is appropriate to the film. Now I have to listen to the commentary.

Dare I say Arrow Academy was right on target with this release!

montyyclift

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Great site love to hear about new film reissues. I have a region free player so I am always on the hunt.
Dvd Beaver is a great comparison site as well for those interested. No I don't work there I just use it all
the time.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Great site love to hear about new film reissues. I have a region free player so I am always on the hunt.
Dvd Beaver is a great comparison site as well for those interested. No I don't work there I just use it all
the time.
It May be cheaper from Arrow direct or Amazon UK... many of their Blu-Rays are locked to a specific region but of course that does not apply if you are region free.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I have to say this is an amazing film and Elsa Lanchester's performance is a hoot ... And um Colonel Potter from TV's M*A*S*H makes an amazing performance with no lines.
The first time I saw this film I thought "Why does that guy playing the mute Elisha Cook, Jr. part look so darn familiar?" while watching the film and then "Wait - Which part did Harry Morgan play?" when watching the closing credits. It took me a couple minutes to realize that these questions were related to each other. :laugh:

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Thanks for the review Robert. This film has long been a favorite of mine. I have it on DVD, but will certainly buy it again on Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks