What's new

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
If you've already used that First Order 20% coupon (like me), Gruv is offering a 24 hour St. Patricks Day sale that's 17%
17PATRICKOFF
I applied it to my preorder

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I can't check right now 42 pages, I wanted to ask, has there ever been any replacement about Psycho with the downmix problem?
I have the Masterpiece collection on blu-ray and I never upgraded my Hitchcocks to 4k.
I see now, a volume 3 coming, and I wonder if I should. But this "problem" puts me off.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Psycho had a bit of a fiasco where the replacement discs still had the wrong mix. Easiest way to figure out if you have a fixed disc is to listen to the rain at the start of the chapter after Marion arrives at a certain hotel. You'll be able to tell whether it's original or not from the sound of the rain and wipers.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Psycho had a bit of a fiasco where the replacement discs still had the wrong mix.
So, there was a second replacement (a replacement of the replacement) with the correct mix?
Anything that discriminates the new sets from the old ones on the package?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
So, there was a second replacement (a replacement of the replacement) with the correct mix?
I recall the correct replacement looks identical while the incorrect replacement looks different. Because I lost track of which disc was which, I had to play all six discs (Blu and UHD) to figure out, but found the rain and wipers made it easy since I could compare to the 15-film set Blu.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I can't check right now 42 pages, I wanted to ask, has there ever been any replacement about Psycho with the downmix problem?
I have the Masterpiece collection on blu-ray and I never upgraded my Hitchcocks to 4k.
I see now, a volume 3 coming, and I wonder if I should. But this "problem" puts me off.

I would think if you're buying now from a good source, you should very likely receive the fixed disc -- it's been so long now afterall.

_Man_

Nathan_H

Second Unit

Great question. In the absence of better data, the following appears to be the best guide:

Here’s a link to the post I made when I got the replacement disc, it shows the numbers on the disc for your reference if you get the set and want to check if the disc is the new disc with correct audio.

I will note that I bought from Amazon in Sept 2021 and it was the new version matching the codes posted by Nelson.

I did not realize that so I requested the replacement from the studio....and it was the same serial number as what Amazon sent me and what Nelson has posted.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I live in Greece.;)
Amazon is usually my option.

Yeah, I remembered that... and was why I didn't suggest Gruv myself, but only said "good source", hehheh.

No idea about Amazon where you are, but if you're importing from Amazon here in the USA, I should think they'll send you a fixed/new set -- and if you still somehow receive an old/bad one from them, I would think they can fix that for you... though not too sure...

_Man_

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve been making movie viewing choices recently based on the degrees of separation and through connections, so to speak.

I had watched the Alien 4K UHD 2 weeks ago, first time seeing it in 4K. Looks great. ( I ended up watching Aliens and Prometheus blu rays afterwards too). But this weekend was a Newhart binge on Catchy Comedy too, so I was revisiting The Bob Newhart Show.

So I chose to watch The Birds next. The Birds as you know has Suzanne Pleshette in her pre Newhart era. And Veronica Cartwright was terrified by The Birds before she met the Alien a few years later. The two actresses are so different in both.

The 4K really makes the switches from studio shots to location shots so much more obvious. :) But it is what it is,

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I am hoping the HITCHCOCK 4K Volume 3 is officially announced soon
I think you already saw post 18 in this thread about volume 3. Perhaps it’s not officially announced yet. :)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think you already saw post 18 in this thread about volume 3. Perhaps it’s not officially announced yet. :)

Good, I have been waiting for volume 3. I saw Rope and The Man Who Knew Too Much (James Stewarts Version) in theaters during the past month. I wonder if those were the same masters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks