What's new

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[…] since once they're shelved, all that you see is the title on the spine anyway.
If only my own spine had as many restored & working discs. Alas, I’d be able to lift again.:D

Meanwhile, I’m not so concerned about the cover art, but I do agree that it would be a nice touch to see a “Volume 2” embossed somewhere on the design. Not a deal breaker, by any means, as I’m really just glad to see that Universal is continuing on with this 4K/UHD series. In all likelihood, this now means that we shall soon be seeing a Volume 3.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If only my own spine had as many working discs for, alas, I’d be able to lift again.:D

Meanwhile, I’m not so concerned about the cover art, but I do agree that it would be a nice touch to see a “Volume 2” embossed somewhere on the design. Not a deal breaker, by any means, as I’m just really glad to see that Universal is continuing on with this 4K/UHD series.:thumbs-up-smiley:
That cover art might not be final so there is a chance that Volume 2 is added to it. As to the artwork itself being changed that could happen, but I doubt it.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
It's probably far too optimistic for me to hope that some/all of these new titles will receive the same steelbook treatment that the four titles from the first Hitchcock set received... but I'm still hoping at least a few of them will. I loved how the packaging incorporated the original poster art. I'll definitely buy these regardless. I guess we all have our idiosyncrasies.

Attachments

• hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 37

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
It's probably far too optimistic for me to hope that some/all of these new titles will receive the same steelbook treatment that the four titles from the first Hitchcock set received... but I'm still hoping at least a few of them will. I loved how the packaging incorporated the original poster art. I'll definitely buy these regardless. I guess we all have our idiosyncrasies.
Nothing wrong about liking what we like; be it the steelbook, the stand alones, the boxed sets, physical media or streaming. Bring ‘em all on and with no limits is my motto.:cool:

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm very pleased that The Trouble With Harry and Marnie have received new transfers as they are two of the worst in the Universal/Hitchcock Blu-ray box-set. I think the Saboteur and Shadow Of A Doubt Blu-ray discs are excellent and don't need upgrading so I'll wait until these discs are released individually. I'm still waiting for a new and better transfer of the 1956 The Man Who Knew Too Much.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm very pleased that The Trouble With Harry and Marnie have received new transfers as they are two of the worst in the Universal/Hitchcock Blu-ray box-set. I think the Saboteur and Shadow Of A Doubt Blu-ray discs are excellent and don't need upgrading so I'll wait until these discs are released individually. I'm still waiting for a new and better transfer of the 1956 The Man Who Knew Too Much.

I bought the universal Hitchcock Collection set from iTunes. The first set of 4k films upgraded to 4k in my collection. I’m expecting the same to occur with these next 5 titles.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I agree, about the covers for the cases. Every movie poster for these films were exceptional, why reinvent the wheel ? Most of the cover art the studios come up with are so lackluster. I don't get it.......

• Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I agree, about the covers for the cases. Every movie poster for these films were exceptional, why reinvent the wheel ? Most of the cover art the studios come up with are so lackluster. I don't get it.......
Although I will always buy for content, I completely agree with AlanP; as the original artworks are indelible For my money, the posters had always set the tone for the film being attended and were a contextual part of that whole first experience.

Last edited:

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Although I will always buy for content, I completely agree with AlanP; as the original artworks are indelible For my money, the posters had always set the tone for the film being attended and were a contextual part of that whole first experience.
Amen Phillip

• Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For those in the States, GRUV is selling these titles individually on their site. I purchased the entire box for about $44 plus sales tax using their 20% off coupon. The individual releases are selling for $19.99 each, but if you use that coupon, it knocks the pricing down to $15.99 plus sales tax.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
For those in the States, GRUV is selling these titles individually on their site. I purchased the entire box for about $44 plus sales tax using their 20% off coupon. The individual releases are selling for $19.99 each, but if you use that coupon, it knocks the pricing down to $15.99 plus sales tax.
By my count, Universal has 4 more titles for a 4K Vol 3. Man Who Knew Too Much, Topaz, Torn Curtain and Frenzy.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
It’ll be nice to have ‘em all. Talkin’ Volume 3 and still awaiting Volume 2. The suspense is killing me.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I've ordered before with the coupon, but I've forgotten it. Would you kindly remind me? Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, Amazon has posted links to individual releases as well as the box set for May 10th release date. The links aren't "active" yet, but I listed them in the "Amazon Pre-Order Listing"

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
First time ordering from GRUV, but $44 is hard to turn down. Mainly just want Shadow of a Doubt and Marnie, but I bet The Trouble with Harry will be a knockout and it’ll be nice to have a watchable Family Plot.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
No, Family Plot is the worst by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks